Third Party Press

Purchasing my first K98

That's the first thing I thought of as well. Forgive me if I am wrong, but weren't the bayonet and cleaning rod holders removed on these guns?

So has somebody messed with this thing or had something replaced? It's got both the bayonet holder and the cleaning rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So has somebody messed with this thing or had something replaced? It's got both the bayonet holder and the cleaning rod

Looks like it to me. Also, it see an "01" on the bolt, not consistent with the serial number (probably because it's an RC). Maybe not a game changer for you, but I wanted to point it out. Again, hopefully another member can chime in.

Some general info on an swp 45
http://www.latewar.com/html/swp.htm

Found another one guys. This one is a 43 Kreigsmodell gun in what I think to be in very good shape, but he wants 1350 for it. I doubt he even deals with me as I will probably offer him half of that. Unless I am missing something. Do these Kreigsmodels hold more value than others? The best part about this is he is right in Calgary, I could actually go look at it and do a face to face transaction.

https://townpost.ca/buysell/calgary-kriegsmodell-k98-mauser

Last edited:
That gun doesn’t look TOO bad for a R/C but his price is WAY WAY WAY too high.

That gun doesn’t look TOO bad for a R/C but his price is WAY WAY WAY too high.

Yeah, I'm going to offer him 750 for it and he will probably just tell me where to go, but I figured I'd try haha.

Yeah, I'm going to offer him 750 for it and he will probably just tell me where to go, but I figured I'd try haha.

Hey it never hurts to try! You never know.

Hey guys. Decided to purchase the SWP45 I had posted earlier. I ended up paying 600 shipped. The rifle is a mix match of a little bit of everything so I feel the price was appropriate! Gun is in fairly good shape and the seller is even willing to give me a couple days to fire and look it over. If I don't want it I can ship it back. That being said, the only thing I am looking for is it being able to fire. I'm buying it for a shooter and he has never fired it. So I am pretty sure I will be happy

Hey guys. Decided to purchase the SWP45 I had posted earlier. I ended up paying 600 shipped. The rifle is a mix match of a little bit of everything so I feel the price was appropriate! Gun is in fairly good shape and the seller is even willing to give me a couple days to fire and look it over. If I don't want it I can ship it back. That being said, the only thing I am looking for is it being able to fire. I'm buying it for a shooter and he has never fired it. So I am pretty sure I will be happy

Not a bad deal at all. You'll love it man. I haven't even fired mine yet, and I'm in love with it just sitting there.

Awesome! Congratulations on your purchase. We want pictures when it arrives!! Sounds like you made a good deal.

It's my first, but more than likely won't be my last! We are doing the transaction tonight more than likely so I should have it by the end of this week. Now I just need to find some 7.92x57 in the city that doesn't break the bank!

Thanks guys. There is INFINITLY more to learn about these rifles than I ever even imaged. Look forward to hanging out here.

It's my first, but more than likely won't be my last! We are doing the transaction tonight more than likely so I should have it by the end of this week. Now I just need to find some 7.92x57 in the city that doesn't break the bank!

Thanks guys. There is INFINITLY more to learn about these rifles than I ever even imaged. Look forward to hanging out here.

Glad to have you! There is a lot to know but that only serves to make this a lifelong hobby. :)

Congrats! I recently got into K98's as well and purchased an RC K98 a few weeks ago. There is still so much to learn and I don't think it's possible to learn everything in one lifetime!

Military Rifle Journal
Back