Third Party Press

Real, or fake, and why? My 2nd favorite part of this forum...

Drageppo

Just based off of these three lousy pictures (my apologies), what can you all tell about this rifle? It's for sale in my area. I'm not even looking to buy one, but every time one of these pops up, I can't help myself and immediately think "Oh man, what would the fellas at K98kforum be able to pick apart about this".

It definitely looks like a worked-over shine job to me. I'd love to know what the experts out there see.

Again, forgive me for the three lousy pictures, it's all they posted in the ad.

Cheers

1839027.jpg2137490.jpg7701266.jpg

They want $1,100 for it :rofl:

Last edited:
It's a Mitchell's Mauser. A refurbished and pimp shined capture. Number one sign is the chrome bolt. Then add the rebluing and refinished stock. Swastikas are peened. Sling isn't correct either. It's worth half the asking price imo.

It’s bad enough that it gets THIS prestigious award!!
a7a1d4e56b702ff078070d89c105676b.jpg

Then again, ALL Mitchell’s Mauserz are worthy of this award. 1100 bucks is about 1000 too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s bad enough that it gets THIS prestigious award!!
a7a1d4e56b702ff078070d89c105676b.jpg

Then again, ALL Mitchell’s Mauserz are worthy of this award. 1100 bucks is about 1000 too high.

This, what a turd...you should be sure to let him know its a piece of shite...I hate tards with turds.

ETA Oh, and sling is junk too...not German...

Oh come on! Think of all the buffing wheels, rouge and flop sweat that goes into one of these? There's gotta be some value in that? :)

Hahaha well yes in fact that 1100 buck price tag includes parts and labor. :)

I KNEW I came to the right place. I LOVE this forum.

If I come across more of things like this, is it appropriate to keep posting them here? Or is there somewhere else on the forum y'all would rather I use.

Thanks again, gang!

Military Rifle Journal
Back