Third Party Press

RTI and JRA with more “refurb” rifles for the gene pool.

Herk1994

Looks like JRA got their hands on some parts rifles. They re-barreled them, and force matched all numbers/markings and stock markings alongside a complete refinish. A couple sniper replicas. Wait until these hit GB…

EDIT: I originally said they got their hands on some Yugo captures, but while at least one is in a Yugo stock I do not think they were actual correct Yugo captures as they all retain their receiver markings. So I have changed my wording to “parts rifles”

Last edited:
Salesmen pimping their version of Mitchell's Mausers. If they weren't matching the numbers up I wouldn't have a problem with them. Matching the numbers means people down the road are going to be duped into thinking they've purchased something legitimate. I can only hope the Criterion barrels are deeply marked to where they can't be scrubbed.

That really sucks. Since they are matching the numbers, we should be able to tell by the font/style, etc just like all the other "numbers matching" fake jobs out there, right?

That really sucks. Since they are matching the numbers, we should be able to tell by the font/style, etc just like all the other "numbers matching" fake jobs out there, right?

Well that’s the catch. To most of us here and others experienced in the hobby, none of this will pass the smell test, not even close. All others however, I think they’ll fool people. They did not show the bolt numbers in the video nor in their advertising on the site so I can’t imagine they’re all too proud of their font etc. lol

EDIT: I don’t wanna shi* on JRA either, they are definitely decent at what they do in terms of arsenal work as far as I can say, on a technical level. But, they’re asked to do what they do and provide product. Having said that, I disagree with any refurbishment process unless the rifle is an otherwise lost cause. I find it appalling if the case should be that a company takes a $500 parts rifle, throws a new barrel and restamps the whole thing to sell for triple that… no

Last edited:
Referring to Herk’s comment about JRA doing what they were asked to do, if they were principled people, they could have refused.

Referring to Herk’s comment about JRA doing what they were asked to do, if they were principled people, they could have refused.

I don’t disagree, I’m just stating that the market demand for this kind of crap drives companies like that to produce. That’s what I find appalling. Why can’t someone just go spend $1500 on an honest bolt mismatch? I commented that exact statement on RTI’s YouTube channel

Military Rifle Journal
Back