Third Party Press

S 42 1937 reunited

HJV

Here's a S42 from 1937. I received the rifle in december 2014. 8 months later the bolt showed up. Pff....

What do you think of this one. It is in amazing condition and all the number seem to match!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 64
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 70
Few More pics

Here a some more pics from the s 42 1937

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 45
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 49
Interesting, is that a post war stock?
The rifle looks to have been "gone over" and used by some country after the war..?

The rifle looks to have been "gone over" and used by some country after the war..?

Rifle looks like it hasn't been used at all.. It has a (Bayern?) proof stamp from 1978 on it.

Yeah looks like a post war stock to me too. Looks to have been completely refinished by some country/military and then was never used.

John.

I believe the sling was produced in the 1950s in Norway, it's a pretty nice one.

Now looking at your stock, it might be a post war Kongsberg stock made for these German actions in the 1950s. That will explain it has also a Norwegian sling.

Btw I have a very nice walnut WaA63 stock on hand, it has no front and sling band. The rifle will look a lot better with this stock. And we live in the same country

Best regards Tommy
us1945@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Here's a S42 from 1937. I received the rifle in december 2014. 8 months later the bolt showed up. Pff....

What do you think of this one. It is in amazing condition and all the number seem to match!

How did the bolt show up 8 months later?

Well, possibly the person/family he got it from had taken the bolt out, lost it, then found it some time later...

I have a vet bring back Sauer that was missing the bolt (the vet took it out so his kids could play with it...)

I told him if he found the bolt I'd give him an additional $500 for it (I got the gun cheap...) but he never called me back...

Maybe a similar situation?

About the bolt, it was send separately from the rifle and got lost in the mail (seller was in Germany). It - the bolt - supposedly was send to the UK. Seller told me it was lost for good and offered me a refund if I'd send the rifle back. I did not do so and was very frustrated by the way it was handled. All of a sudden the seller mailed me a week or so ago, telling me the bolt turned up at their shop again... A few days later it arrived at my house. A very strange story, but all true! Glad the rifle is complete again after all :)

Military Rifle Journal
Back