Third Party Press

Scope in local gunshop

Gunnut

A friend saw this in a local gun shop, thought someone may be interested. I have no connection to it. Don't know if I can post the shops name.EE99A04B-3D1D-4BD7-9ABC-1A4F95E96D7C.jpeg

The Zeiss Zielacht is a hell of a scope. The price tag on it is very reasonable for this scope. Additionally this scope only has clamped scope rings on it, meaning they can be removed very easily without requiring to desolder anything, what in my point of view is a big premium. It could easily be used on clamped reproduction mounts and with its 8x magnification it is an excellent scope for shooting. Anyone building shooter "sniper rifle" would do great with this scope.

Quite the piece of glass to be sure! The discussion of utilizing it on a repro/shooter K98 reminded me of a bcd 4 LSR made up for that same purpose. I have a period optic, but have been thinking about the other part of the equation... the trigger. A few years back got the pictured adjustable M98 one from a salvage Mauser O/aN sporter I had access to. It was a factory original, non-refurbed action, but had a crack in the receiver completely through the center of the left sidewall. Was thinking of having the trigger assembly blued and trying it out in the LSR...

Attachments

• Mauser OaN M98 Adj Tgr 1.JPG
    Mauser OaN M98 Adj Tgr 1.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Mauser OaN M98 Adj Tgr 2.JPG
    Mauser OaN M98 Adj Tgr 2.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 12

Military Rifle Journal
Back