Third Party Press

Sniper training video

ditch68

I Like Bunnies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saq3YCs_QOE

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but maybe not. It is really fascinating. It is a 1944 Luftwaffe film, but it looks like Heer snipers? Post D-day, as the trainers have stories from the Western and Eastern fronts.

Points I found interesting:

- All of the snipers are using 6x30 binos, all with cloth covers. They address making anti-glare paper covers with slits for the lenses, but I have never seen so many cloth bino covers! Anyone ever see a real one?

- The blinds are really cool, so many types. I may make one of those umbrella blinds for hunting.

- So many different rifles, lots of G/K43's, and lots of unstained stocks. I mean, clean, super bright.

- Heer officer wearing SS oak camo helmet cover, in a training film, no less.

- More puppets than a Muppet Show reunion. A real insight into static position warfare.

Jeff

Last edited:
I have this one. Excellent look at snipers. I remember seeing a cloth bino cover years ago on the old MCF forum. Sure don't see them.

I have this one. Excellent look at snipers. I remember seeing a cloth bino cover years ago on the old MCF forum. Sure don't see them.

I have a Period Photo it shows Platoon of SS Fallschirjagers and at least 2 of them have Sniper Rifles but they also have the Cloth Covers on their bino`s . I have never seen a real set of these Covers . Were these Cloth Covers soldier made or supplied to the Snipers . Thats what I would like to know .

Sniper Training

This video is giving me flashbacks of US Army sniper school. The training we did and the sequence we did the training in is almost exactly the same. We were told much of our training came from the German tactics, with the exception of the adoption of the Russian two man team, but I had no idea modern US sniping was a direct copy of 1940's German sniper doctrine. Thanks for posting this!

Scott

I bought this on DVD from IHF and have really enjoyed watching it. All of it was interesting to say the least. This video and all the German WWII News Reals are the best videos available in my opinion.

I would like to see a complete video put together because the total run time is actually over 2 1/2hrs . I have found a complete Video on Youtube . Many parts have either been cut or never known about at the time IHF made their Video .

Military Rifle Journal
Back