Third Party Press

Spandau 1916

mauser1908

Jordan did all the hard work with the quality photos on this one a while back. I just wanted to show it off in its new home (Thanks again). One of my favorites and one of my nicest as well!

IMG_1061.jpgIMG_1062.jpgIMG_1064.jpgIMG_1065.jpgIMG_1066.jpgIMG_1067.jpgIMG_1068.jpgIMG_1074.jpgIMG_1075 (1).jpgIMG_1076.jpgIMG_1077.jpgIMG_1079.jpgIMG_1102.jpgIMG_1071.jpgIMG_1082.jpgIMG_1085.jpgIMG_1070.jpgIMG_1069.jpg

Well I'm glad to see you ended up with it Sam. It was a hard one to let go but trying to get a 1914 dated example made by Spandau instead. Enjoy that rifle buddy!

That is a nice one! Even with the high numbers made it isn' easy finding one this nice... though if Jordan has a Spandau/14 lined up it is worth sacrificing to pick it up.

MauserBill had a good set of 1914's, not all of them, but several, as far as date sets go 1914 & 1918 of each maker would be an accomplishment (Imperial trim rifles); I bet Jordan accomplishes his 1914 set and I hope in factory condition like he is striving for. Hell, just that year set would make a fine collection by itself.

Well I'm glad to see you ended up with it Sam. It was a hard one to let go but trying to get a 1914 dated example made by Spandau instead. Enjoy that rifle buddy!

Thanks, I'm looking to forward to seeing the group set of those once you have them!

That is a nice one! Even with the high numbers made it isn' easy finding one this nice... though if Jordan has a Spandau/14 lined up it is worth sacrificing to pick it up.

MauserBill had a good set of 1914's, not all of them, but several, as far as date sets go 1914 & 1918 of each maker would be an accomplishment (Imperial trim rifles); I bet Jordan accomplishes his 1914 set and I hope in factory condition like he is striving for. Hell, just that year set would make a fine collection by itself.

Thanks Paul, its going to be impressive when he has them. 1914 and 1918 rifles have an allure to them for sure. I've found myself having a bit of a late WWI focus myself, half of my rifles are 1917 and 1918 dated. I think that was more by chance than anything but I tend to like 1918 dated stuff.

With the lucky finds we've been picking up, I'm hoping to see him complete 1914 this year. I'm assuming a lot of older collections are being liquidated either at estate sales or by the collectors themselves. I've not come across so many great finds in years-- and it seems all of my friends in the community are having similar luck.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I appreciate the kind words guys and yes Paul I'm trying to find all 1914 dated examples but it is a tough endeavor. And I'll be honest I think the best deals done or between friends. I'm real happy this rifle went to a person like Sam. Glad it went to his collection and that is what the best thing is when it comes to collecting. Dealing with fellow collectors.

And you're absolutely right Chris some really nice rare and scarce rifles have come out of the wood work just last year alone. It really is incredible to see what has surfaced.

With the lucky finds we've been picking up, I'm hoping to see him complete 1914 this year. I'm assuming a lot of older collections are being liquidated either at estate sales or by the collectors themselves. I've not come across so many great finds in years-- and it seems all of my friends in the community are having similar luck.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I agree, starting in October of 2018 it really started picking up for me and has continued to get better through this year. I had more good finds in 2019 alone than in the last five years combined.

I appreciate the kind words guys and yes Paul I'm trying to find all 1914 dated examples but it is a tough endeavor. And I'll be honest I think the best deals done or between friends. I'm real happy this rifle went to a person like Sam. Glad it went to his collection and that is what the best thing is when it comes to collecting. Dealing with fellow collectors.

And you're absolutely right Chris some really nice rare and scarce rifles have come out of the wood work just last year alone. It really is incredible to see what has surfaced.

For sure, that’s a huge component of collecting!

Military Rifle Journal
Back