Third Party Press

Ss marking?

History

Country Boy
This is probably not the sub-forum for this, I looked and couldn’t find the correct one but knew ss guys are here.

This is on the plunger on a cleaning rod of a police flare pistol. I was cleaning it and took some photos and was surprised by what I believe is legit ss marking. I believe the K is for sure police but was excited by the ss marking. What say you experts?IMG_9692.jpeg

Did you zoom in? I can’t see anyone faking that and you can’t make out anything with the naked eye. Of course I want it to be SS but I can’t see anyway that’s just scratches!

I know which ss marking you are referring to but I can’t find a pic - it’s under the E/K

I assume this is who would have stamped the rod? Holster is dated 1936 with a t p marking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 33
Oh ok. You are talking about the "slim" SS marking seen on blades and other stuff? I know almost nothing about blades so I don't even know what's good on not.

But no, I don't think its SS. I think this is probably a "Jesus in the Grilled Cheese" situation.

Attachments

• a-sword-for-ss-ncos-maker-wkc-solingen-nickel-plated-rib-blade-stained-with-obverse-makers-mar...jpg
    a-sword-for-ss-ncos-maker-wkc-solingen-nickel-plated-rib-blade-stained-with-obverse-makers-mar...jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 27
  • g006941-7.jpg
    g006941-7.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 27
If anyone else has anything marked like this, please look at it carefully as I really can’t see anyway this is faked. It doesn’t make sense when you can’t even see it with the naked eye. Nothing was mentioned about the marking when I purchased this from the author of the article I posted. I believe it’s possible this is a new discovery on markings. I’ve been around long enough to know I could be wrong but I dont see how. I’ve been burnt before and understand how people want to believe and they are 100% wrong. There’s definitely an SS marking there. The size is what’s making me question it. No way it’s just scratches so it’s real or it’s not.

You didn’t zoom enough

Maybe I am just not looking at the grilled cheese in the right light. You seem to know what you are looking at, but I don't see it, whatever it is. Do you have an example of what you see?

Your holster is police.

I’m really surprised you are seeing grilled cheese. No, I don’t have anything other than what I’ve posted, (examples) that’s why I posted it here. I know what I see and I see ss runes, they seem too small but are definitely there. The runes are small, so small it doesn’t make sense but they are there. I get being skeptical with all the fake ss stuff. Farb, I believe you might remember an Rc ss rifle I purchased that everyone thought was faked? I’m not a humper and I believe my history here will tell you that.

The grilled cheese thing was just a joke. I wasn't implying anything or making fun of you.

I saw the vague rune shape between the swastika and k, I just thought you had a specific stamp in mind and I just couldn't make out anything I could recognize.

Not insulted,, I’m of course hoping it’s ss runes and can’t see anything but that. I’ve never seen anything like what I’m posting but there’s something going on on for sure imo. I believe they are definitely there but why make them so small?????

It’s weird what a few hours can do to your way of thinking. I might see grilled cheese this morning. 😉. I’d still like to see some other eagle k stamping to see what’s there. It’s possible there was something there before it was stamped, scratching or something else. If you have something or know where or who does let me know. Thanks.

I can’t say if it is “real” or not; I DO see the marks (scratches) you refer to. What I do know about ss stuff is that it’s the most faked, due to the way it dramatically increases the value of German militaria. Seems like if it were a legit mark, that it wouldn’t be crudely crammed in between other marks, but in the open, loud & proud. Consider how the mark increases the value of a wartime German police marked item. Food for thought.

There is something going on beneath the Eagle K stamp. There are imprints under the Eagles left wing also. The Proof may have been applied over a blemish or other mark.

The only way I even saw it was using a magnifying glass while looking at the acceptance marks. You would never see it without magnification and my close up vision is shot without aid. I can’t imagine it being faked as small as it is. It’s either real or some strange coincidence as I took a few more photos and in some you can’t see it at all. I’d still like to see some more eagle k to see if there’s some consistency.

I took several more photos and I believe it’s an over stamp of another eagle, not the police eagle but another. You can see the top of the wing over the K.

I was just testing you guys. 😉🤡

Military Rifle Journal
Back