Third Party Press

Stock acceptance mark

Jbenkert90

Has anyone seen a stock acceptance mark like this? I don’t have the books to flip through in front of me at the moment. I know the WaA number is not always present but it looks like the H is double stamped or something. Just curious on anyone’s thoughts. Rifle is kind of a Frankenstein depot build with unmarked receiver that I have posted on here some time ago.

Attachments

• B1DAF2E0-5675-44F2-A0F6-44D97AC44822.jpg
    B1DAF2E0-5675-44F2-A0F6-44D97AC44822.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 71
Double strike? Or more probably bounce strike? Kind of what it looks like. Could be lots of reasons behind shaky hands I'd imagine?

Double strike? Or more probably bounce strike? Kind of what it looks like. Could be lots of reasons behind shaky hands I'd imagine?

So here’s another question and please forgive my ignorance. Would the stamp be applied in one go with the eagle and H being one die/stamp, or applied separately with the eagle and H being two separate things?

The impression is made with a single stamp. The laminated wood is sometimes quite hard in areas where there is more glue than wood and sometimes although being struck only once the hammer striking the stamp will bounce, creating two impressions, one being misaligned with the other. I've seen this on several different stocks.
:happy0180:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info fellas. I’m tempted to bring the books to work to help pass the 12 hours but I might get some weird looks lol. Though it is nice being able to pick others brains on here.

Military Rifle Journal
Back