Third Party Press

Swedish Mauser

donno

Thanks for the add. Looking for information on a Swedish Mauser I've had for a number of years. A Waffenfabrik Mauser Oberndorf A/N 1899. SN is 21263. I believe it to be in the late 50's or early 60's. It was originally given to a construction company executive as an award for some project, I think. The company has been based in Stokholm for about 100 years or so.
My questions are:
- Who is the manufacture of it? Waffenfabrik? Oberndorf?
- Where is best place to look up serial number?

Thanks again for sharing yalls vast info!

Swedish mauser made in 1899 by mauser oberndorf. They were made by mauser and carl Gustav. Mauser quit making them in 1900 i believe. One of my favorite rifles to shoot. 6.5x55 swedish mauser

Thanks for the info. So it was really made in 1899 not 1900's? Thats great. What is the best publication or site to reseach its value?
tia

... and what kind of carbine model it is. A '94 is much more uncommon than a '38, and than it depends on whether the '94 is altered or not.

Husqvarna made M96 rifles, too, that are by far the most uncommon ones. Just a few thousands were made

That said, unless you really get into the weeds with sniper variations etc, Swedish guns are surprisingly affordable.

Military Rifle Journal
Back