Third Party Press

Tropical web frog with bayonet and scabbard

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum, but have read and researched this enough to know that I might have something rather rare.

Before I sell this this, I was looking to get your expert opinions on what the market value of a scabbard w/ canvas (I believe this indicates it was used in Afrika Korps?) frog would be.

Tang has G5880 stamped on it and the scabbard has G80 stamped on it.

Can’t make out what the back of the frog was stamped with, but attaching a photo in case anyone might recognize it.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Rich

IMG_1327.jpegIMG_1325.jpeg IMG_1328.jpeg

Frog looks ok, not my area of expertise though. There are guys here that will know for sure.
I would suggest posting more pics. I would like to see more pics and closer up of the bayonet and scabbard. Take one of both sides of blade, a close up of the markings on the ricasso both sides.
Can you safely remove the frog from the scabbard without doing damage to frog and scabbard ? If you can, take pics of both sides of scabbard near the top. Need to see any markings there. If you can`t remove the frog, can you see what is stamped on the scabbard. If nothing else, pics of the stamping you refer to as being on the tang and on scabbard.

Last edited:
Frog looks ok, not my area of expertise though. There are guys here that will know for sure.
I would suggest posting more pics. I would like to see more pics and closer up of the bayonet and scabbard. Take one of both sides of blade, a close up of the markings on the ricasso both sides.
Can you safely remove the frog from the scabbard without doing damage to frog and scabbard ? If you can, take pics of both sides of scabbard near the top. Need to see any markings there. If you can`t remove the frog, can you see what is stamped on the scabbard. If nothing else, pics of the stamping you refer to as being on the tang and on scabbard.

Thanks so much - see below for more photos - hopefully these help:

IMG_1342.jpegIMG_1343.jpegIMG_1349.jpegIMG_1347.jpegIMG_1350.jpegIMG_1351.jpegIMG_1345.jpeg

Same opinion matching Mo937B bayonet, unfortunally the blade was sharpened. The frog looks ok to me, the complet would be real only when the bayonet would be used by Wehrmacht, otherway the portuguese didnt used web frogs probably.

Military Rifle Journal
Back