Third Party Press

Unusual G43

I just wanted to State this is the third G43 I have seen with the U marked on the receiver. All three were cosmetically machined receivers by St. Etienne. Also of note is that it is believed a high percentage of Walther WaA134 marked receivers marked G43 produced from late spring onward were assembled at Neuengamme. I also have a sling like this on my ac45 d block listed in a sticky here 1618d. Originals were very late war slings seen a lot on VG-1’s.

My Stg 45 posted here came with the exact sling.

So I just acquired a new G43 rifle last week, and there is ALOT going on with it. It is highly unusual and I thought I would reach out to some of you.

When it was brought to me it was missing the upper handguard. The serial number on the stock didn't match receiver. Upon further inspection, I could see that the bolt face was closed. I assume in an attempt to de-mil it. But this in itself is highly unusual because they REALLY took the time to fill the hole for the firing pin, and polished the surface. it looks so clean. Whats odd about this is usually in a de-mil job, they completely destroy the component. There is even a little indention to where the firing pin hole is, also indicating size. Like they wanted it to be activated.

Upon taking the bolt assembly apart, I also noticed the firing pin had been ground down.

Here is where things get confusing. It is an AC code rifle. Which indicates it is a Walther rifle. But the waffenampt to the left is WaA134, Which I believe is Gustloff-Werke??

Also, there are NO serial numbers anywhere on the bolt. The flaps, the bolt and bolt housing all do not have serial numbers. The bolt CARRIER has no serial number. Only the waffenampt of "359" with eagle.

What exactly do I have here?

If you need a pic of something specific, just ask.

Military Rifle Journal
Back