Third Party Press

VZ-23 German rework

ltong29

Recently acquired a VZ-23 rework. Doesn't appear to have any depot markings. It has been re-barreled and has a Nazi firing proof. Stock and hand guard are also likely depot replacements since they're marked ELion35. Bolt is mismatched, but also Czech. Cocking piece is German E/63 serial #5890. Maybe something a waffenmeisters assistant did in the field? Bolt holds open on empty magazine. Possibly a Ulm re-work based on the serial styling, sling configurations?
Seems pretty similar to this one: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?20904-ZaUlm-vz23-24-depot-build
72w2pLGh.jpg

gFlruoah.jpg

oiJH3DKh.jpg

u8pS9d0h.jpg

DiG8Qwth.jpg

KKmHmC7h.jpg

pGE7LPQh.jpg

ialhl7Jh.jpg

ImRm8sHh.jpg

..a VZ-23 rework.
..Maybe something a waffenmeisters assistant did in the field?

I asked an ekspurt from another board and he agrees. It's the new gold standard. :googlie

These things never cease to amaze. Looks like a '38 Czech barrel? I'm wondering if there are any other subtle marks you might have missed? I'm not saying you didnt' look but maybe there's something else there?

I took some pictures of the opposite side receiver and the bottom of the stock. I'll take it down again today and check the wood closely.
pOGoAzKh.jpg

ELD43zxh.jpg

4lSbd6Jh.jpg

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back