Third Party Press

VZ24 appeal question

RH Scott

I own 2 "bring back" VZ24s and while I really like both for the features each offers, I feel I need to move one on to a new owner. Could someone give some opinion on which is more marketable currently? I do understand this is opinion based.

Rifle 1 is a 1937 dated all matching vet bring back. Never refinished and stock near perfect with no serious mars or dings and factory sn on stock, receiver and bolt. Metal is about 98% with some light patina. Bayonet mount, bolt and receiver race way are in the factory white. Came from a Pacific vet and is a C prefix serial batch. Bore is perfect. Wood does not look like walnut, more orange in tone.

Rifle 2 is a Borno marked 3 Line Czech issue rifle that is all matching but is a bolt mismatch. Bolt is a Kar98 Mauser bolt (WaA 214) that is all matching to itself. Rifle has the German occupation upgrades like plugged grip where the sling was and the nose band, hand guard, trigger guard, follower and floor plate have had period action numbers applied. The only WaA is on the stock disc which was added. Seems to also be a bring back, no import marks. Bore is also perfect. Wood is nice walnut.

Which would sell better now or which is in your opinion just the better of the two? To be so similar they are yet so different.

Both of those seem fairly desirable. Where myself I collect german used arms as well as arms used by imperial japan so both interest me. If you end up listing one for sale keep me in mind I'm interested.

Both sound great. Personally, if they are sitting on a table, I would try and buy the second.

Matching, original, and nice, always holds value. I'd keep the matching C prefix, which is much harder to find than a P. :happy0180:

Well, for what its worth. This weekend we had a local gun show with maybe 60 vendors , one having a few Mauser's for sale .On Saturday, I bought a original , numbers matching Czech Brno VZ24 short rifle { serial # 221X } for $400.00... all there except the cleaning rod { Numrich Gun Parts has originals for $9.40 }, so I felt I did ok.
Sunday, today, I went back, and took a very nice Persian { Iran/Pakistan } short rifle { unsure of the model, as everything is stamped in "Farsi" }, but has an 18" barrel and in 90% ++ condition off the same sellers hands for $825 . Have NOT had time to do any real research on either gun, or to take pictures. I ran patches thru both barrels, and both were pretty damn dirty,:facepalm: but other wise in very good condition.
PS : Near as I can tell, the Persian is ALL matching as well, exact same squiggly marks on all marked parts, LOL !! :laugh:

Well, for what its worth. This weekend we had a local gun show with maybe 60 vendors , one having a few Mauser's for sale .On Saturday, I bought a original , numbers matching Czech Brno VZ24 short rifle { serial # 221X } for $400.00... all there except the cleaning rod { Numrich Gun Parts has originals for $9.40 }, so I felt I did ok.
Sunday, today, I went back, and took a very nice Persian { Iran/Pakistan } short rifle { unsure of the model, as everything is stamped in "Farsi" }, but has an 18" barrel and in 90% ++ condition off the same sellers hands for $825 . Have NOT had time to do any real research on either gun, or to take pictures. I ran patches thru both barrels, and both were pretty damn dirty,:facepalm: but other wise in very good condition.
PS : Near as I can tell, the Persian is ALL matching as well, exact same squiggly marks on all marked parts, LOL !! :laugh:

Do a search for Farsi numbers or look at the sight, number at bottom is 3, then go up to first 'double' number 10, 11, 12 to get the 1,2,3, numbers.

Military Rifle Journal
Back