Third Party Press

Was this our Caesar?

heavy_mech

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual
I was watching this but whatever the outcome I'm glad it was 'rescued' from this other a$$ clown. If you look at the bid history some of you will know EXACTLY who I'm talking about.

That was me. I have been on a quest for some years to try to get the 1945 codes and variants. I had acquired a SVW MB that has a beautiful stock but the barrel has a lot of exterior pitting. I was thinking of doing the switch of stocks. If not I was going to try to repair that stock and get bands, floor plate and hand guard. At the same time, now there is a swp on gunbroker. I am going to go broke, it seems like you don’t see these for years and then they all pop up at once!

The barreled action on the gun in the auction link looked pretty decent. Can't comment on the price, but sounds like the buyer is happy. I do recognize one of the other bidders. I'm sure we would have seen this resurrected like a Phoenix and reposted for sale had he been successful.

That was me. I have been on a quest for some years to try to get the 1945 codes and variants. I had acquired a SVW MB that has a beautiful stock but the barrel has a lot of exterior pitting. I was thinking of doing the switch of stocks. If not I was going to try to repair that stock and get bands, floor plate and hand guard. At the same time, now there is a swp on gunbroker. I am going to go broke, it seems like you don’t see these for years and then they all pop up at once!

Great project rifle. Congrats!

John.

I'm glad to hear this! I'm not sure if you knew who you outbid but he's not a good actor. Worst offense he's been caught doing (and there are many) was altering the actual serial number on a K98k. Lot's of other shenanigans too.

I also was thinking the repair route but in your case I'd probably swap the stock. Whatever you come up with please update us and share some photos.

The barreled action on the gun in the auction link looked pretty decent. Can't comment on the price, but sounds like the buyer is happy. I do recognize one of the other bidders. I'm sure we would have seen this resurrected like a Phoenix and reposted for sale had he been successful.

100% agree with all this. While I was interested I'm happy it went to someone here AND it seems he has a solid plan and the options to do this right AND he kept it away from 'that guy'. Win, win, win.

Unfortunately, the original stock cant be restored back to "as issued" condition due to excessive rasp work at the forend step.

Unfortunately, the original stock cant be restored back to "as issued" condition due to excessive rasp work at the forend step.

I was thinking of just cutting it and grafting another piece of wood to it so it just looks like a duffle cut

Congratulations! I like the rifle at this price. svwMB can be a tough code to find.

That was me. I have been on a quest for some years to try to get the 1945 codes and variants.

Congrats on outbidding the last guy. He sold me my first K98 which turned out to be a real turd. We all know what he’s up to.

Sent from the Gulag

You just rescued some poor sod from a "beautiful matching attic find" which he wouldn't know is a blessing in disguise. Nice job Caesar.

Military Rifle Journal
Back