Third Party Press

What is this rifle?

WildCard

Thank you for the help on "what is this rifle?"
Gents n ladys
Have a great "rest of eternity"

Last edited:
It's a KKW single shot 22lr trainer. Produced by BSW. However, it has had some reworking done. The sling swivel cut has been filled as well as the bolt take down washer. Stock was refinished. The duffle bag cut and repaired; this is not that bad only shows it was a bring back. The butt plate was replaced. SO, what's it worth. I am not really up on the current prices. But with the stock like this, Maybe about half or less than one with a good stock.

I would be interested in buying this rifle, if it is for sale. Typically in this condition they go for quite a bit less than half of one in original condition. Most go for $200 to $400 depending on condition/originality/completeness. The bent trigger guard plate and missing handguard retainer bring the value down some, otherwise the metal looks decent, and would be a worthwhile restoration project.

I would be interested in buying this rifle, if it is for sale. Most go for $200 to $400 depending on condition/originality/completeness.
Yes I am still selling... tho, I put about 200 rounds thru it at in door range last nite. 1/4" group @ 75 yrds!!

Almost changed my mind but a single shot rifle is not my cup of tea...
prices are all over the place... my local gunsmith offered $1000 shop credit. The guy who responded to my ad, directed me to k98k forum offered his input at
$1000 < $1200... I've set my price at $800 on my current ad on other gun sale site..
I prefer to sell at a fair price..
Not certain $800 is fair or low.... Im open...
Thanks for your interest!!!

Yes I am still selling... tho, I put about 200 rounds thru it at in door range last nite. 1/4" group @ 75 yrds!!

Almost changed my mind but a single shot rifle is not my cup of tea...
prices are all over the place... my local gunsmith offered $1000 shop credit. The guy who responded to my ad, directed me to k98k forum offered his input at
$1000 < $1200... I've set my price at $800 on my current ad on other gun sale site..
I prefer to sell at a fair price..
Not certain $800 is fair or low.... Im open...
Thanks for your interest!!!
Im in Mesa, Arizona...
I use AJI Gun store to ship/ transfer..

10444 E Apache Trail, Apache Junction, AZ 85120

If your local shop offered you $1000 credit, unless their prices are outrageous, that sounds like an excellent offer.

If you can get $800 cash for it, you should jump on it.

The last KKW I bought, complete original metal work, I paid $400 for, shipped, from a proxibid auction with over 10k people in attendance. I can't fathom how it is worth $800 or $1000, but that's just me. Apparently there are people that think otherwise.

If your local shop offered you $1000 credit, unless their prices are outrageous, that sounds like an excellent offer.

If you can get $800 cash for it, you should jump on it.

The last KKW I bought, complete original metal work, I paid $400 for, shipped, from a proxibid auction with over 10k people in attendance. I can't fathom how it is worth $800 or $1000, but that's just me. Apparently there are people that think otherwise.
A lot of people who collect them value them pretty high. Mostly depends on condition and year and so on. They have their own market, probably the most niche Mauser market I've ever seen.

Yeah, if they're correct and not heavily messed with. Sadly, the OPs rifle is a far cry from one of those.
That's true. I have seen a few ones even in the condition the OP has it sell for that high. Just from what I've personally seen, the gun market is a bit in a crazy state currently!

If you track KKW's on proxibid, gunbroker, and other public auction sites, most original rifles sell for $750-$1500, a really rare one sold on gunbroker for $650 not too long ago, one with minor modifications sold for $540. Some of the big auction houses garner more. Rare, certain examples/SN ranges bring premiums. The vast majority of rifles are not worth anything north of $1000. There are a few examples that are worth more. There are certain rifles that garner significantly more.

If people are paying $800 for hacked up modified rifles, good for them, but that is not the market. Outliers of 2 or 3 examples are not indicative of the market.

I recently had someone call me and ask if I would be interested in a Chilean 1895, all matching, in good condition. They wanted $650 for it since a major auction house had just gotten $850 for one in similar condition. I pulled up the auction they referenced and the two bidders were absolute idiots. I wouldn't have been able to get $500 for the rifle, probably more like $400. The buyer won't be able to get his money back, and will take a significant loss.

The rifle that is the subject of this discussion simply would not sell for $800 on the open market except through a few certain venues.

Military Rifle Journal
Back