Third Party Press

what trigger guard do i have?

JTF#

I got this guard to put on my 98K and it fits fine but when I ordered a k98 floor plate it was to small and didn't fit it. here is some pics and of the marking on it. should a normal k98 floor plate fit this?

You would have to do better pictures to even guess what you have.

Regarding TGs, while a Kar.98a TG will not fit on a Gewehr98 or Kar.98k, the TG off a Gewehr98 or Kar.98k should be interchangeable, more or less. The Gewehr98 will have a hole for the quick release so you can put the sling in parade position but otherwise they are generally they same. Your TG doesn't look like a Kar.98a TG, but either way the floorplate should fit on any German TG, - the floorplate for the Kar.98k is the same as for the Gewehr98 or Kar.98a or b.

the floor plate could be from a 93 or 95 mauser action, they look similar but are a tiny bit smaller than the 98 mauser floor plates.

here is pics of the floor plate. can anyone tell from the little marking what trigger guard it is? for sure a 98?

there is a little E marking on the plate but you can see how big it is. and it is bigger then the plate on my 95 mauser.

I think 8x57 Mauser got it right. The trigger guard you are showing is most likely off a 93 or 95 and won't fit a standard 98 action. The floor plate you have is for a standard 98 action though.

What is the measurement from the center of the front trigger guard screw hole to the center of the rear screw hole on the trigger guard you show?

its about 20 1/2 CM from center to center.it fits my 98 no problem. I will get my floor plate from my 95 and see if it fits on this.

the trigger guard on my 95 is about half a inch longer then this trigger guard. but the 95 floor plate will almost fit it just wont go In were the plunger is.
the floorplate that is too long is 4".

i'm just trying to figure out if I need a new floor plate or a new trigger guard.

Military Rifle Journal
Back