Third Party Press

WW1 Military Target Rifle?? Schasiepen Mauser

sucsid

I found this and can have it for the trade of a gun I paid 1000$ for. I would love to find more info as I do not beleive it was a military target rifle as advertised. I found some info on another post "The gun shop was founded in1907 and was located in Hannover- Linden. The owner of the shop was Friedrich Schasiepen, Mastergunsmith."

This would be my first Mauser and I sure dont want to make a big error!! Please help a newbie out I guess the most important question would be is this in its original condition ? or has it been messed with over the years? What would be an apropriate bayonet ? sawback?quillback? or hunters blade perhaps? Also ive never seen a buttstock in that style before ?

it is listed as 8.15x64R. SN 1833, but that is all I know so far. I am wondering what the "WEBER" plate could be. Was it always in the white (bolt and reciever)
Is this in its original format? Is this post in the correct forum Weimar Republic??maybe thats why no response ?Lots of views but no opinion? Do i need to donate to something ?

Also is it worth the trade or should I pass ??? Here are some pics click the link here Schasiepen Mauser

Thanks in advance for any info or opinions338-10.jpg338-11.jpg338-1.jpg338-2.jpg338-4.jpg338-3.jpg338-5.jpg338-6.jpg338-7.jpg338-8.jpg338-9.jpg338-12.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone please with any information? As a newbie getting my first mauser am i doing something incorrect?

It looks like a typical Wehrmannsgewehr to me. I would guess it was assembled by that gunsmith (Waffen-Schasiepen in Linden) between the wars (1920-30's). That amount is similar to what it would likely sell for in the U.S. These were target rifles used for practice and sometimes competitions. I am guessing that a Herr Weber was the original owner. Even though they have the bayonet mount, they would not have been used with one. I think it is a cool example and would likely buy it if it were offered to me for that amount. You are welcome here. No monetary contribution is required. Thanks for posting it!

Here is a link on this forum showing some other Wehrmannsgewehre with photos and discussion:

It looks like a typical Wehrmannsgewehr to me. I would guess it was assembled by that gunsmith (Waffen-Schasiepen in Linden) between the wars (1920-30's). That amount is similar to what it would likely sell for in the U.S. These were target rifles used for practice and sometimes competitions. I am guessing that a Herr Weber was the original owner. Even though they have the bayonet mount, they would not have been used with one. I think it is a cool example and would likely buy it if it were offered to me for that amount. You are welcome here. No monetary contribution is required. Thanks for posting it!
thanks so much for the help I truly apprciate it.

You do are aware that this rifle is most likely 8.15x46R caliber and not 8x57 IS, are you?
He stated the caliber in his original post. I started to tell him the same thing then deleted it when I saw that he had already stated it. Anyway, the caliber is a rimmed round somewhat similar to an American 30-30 cartridge. It might be appropriate for small game but I have never heard of it being used on the battlefield.

They are typically worth less than if they were in their original caliber and configuration but they are still collectible. They are a niche item and there are collectors who specialize in them. Yours is cool because of the gunsmith's tag, the owner's personalization, and its nice condition.

Military Rifle Journal
Back