Third Party Press

LSR scope

Luft1

Hi all...have a really nice matching LSR, mount and rifle, that I have had for quite a while where the scope lens have shifted slightly internally, causing a less than optimum scope picture. Have been told that if done by a knowledgeable individual, that this is quite correctible. Any member either do this kind of thing or can recommend someone that does? Super nice matching rig so I'd like all aspect to be as the best possible

Thanks

Optic Repair

Luft1,

I have had multiple WW2 German scopes repaired and refurbished by Don Miller at the Optik Haus in CA. optikhaus@yahoo.com
He did exceptional work for me everytime. There is a wait as he is always busy. I am sure there are others on the forum that have way more period optics than I do, that have other suggestions.

Mike

LSR Scope

Hi all...have a really nice matching LSR, mount and rifle, that I have had for quite a while where the scope lens have shifted slightly internally, causing a less than optimum scope picture. Have been told that if done by a knowledgeable individual, that this is quite correctible. Any member either do this kind of thing or can recommend someone that does? Super nice matching rig so I'd like all aspect to be as the best possible

Thanks

What maker scope we talking about? dow, bmj, cad, Zielsechs, Ajack?.

Sure the scope lenses have 'shifted' and it's not just your eyesight deteriorating with age? With scope dismounted can you hear anything rattling if scope gently shook? If you can stop immediately!!! Could be loose lens retaining ring, or a lens could have delaminated. Try looking through scope at object with scope at different angles to see if image improves/deteriorates

You would be amazed to see how many military scopes I have looked at or bought where erector cell lens or even ocular lens have been removed and put back in 'Arse backwards' and owner/seller swore optics were perfect.

Attachments

• Lens-sequence-2.jpg
    Lens-sequence-2.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
the fixed focus sniper scopes are set up for 20/20 vision.if your eyes are not 20/20 or 20/20 with glassses the reticle can be fuzzy.
the only LSR scope with focus is the Ziess Zielsechs scope.focus is adjusted by the triangular knob on top of the elevation knob.

the fixed focus sniper scopes are set up for 20/20 vision.if your eyes are not 20/20 or 20/20 with glassses the reticle can be fuzzy.
the only LSR scope with focus is the Ziess Zielsechs scope.focus is adjusted by the triangular knob on top of the elevation knob.

My eyes are far from 20/20 and the reticles dont seem fuzzy to me on my Bek, or Ajack LSR Scopes..?

My experiece with the focus adjustment on the LSR zielsechs (or any scope with a focus adjustment for that matter) has been for different yardages not for weakening vision.

But valley sniper is right ...I have come across lens reversal before.

Last edited:
Forum member vaughn99 does scope work.

Might wanna drop him a line and inquire as to what the issue could be.

Thanks to all for the input! I'm going TDY (business travel) this week, but will check when I get back

Military Rifle Journal
Back