Third Party Press

cmr 44 cleaning kit

M2Gunner

here is a few pics has been repainted chain is heavy i think it's pot metal bakealite oiler not post war plastic unmarked tool

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 27
i'm the one that repainted it i had the paint matched at a local paint store it had very little paint left like my ab44 the waffenamt you see the strike area but it never showed

Although one must be careful about components being swapped from one rg34 can to another, this variation chain starts appearing probably 1942 or early 1943. It is essentially a Type 1 beaded chain but with zinc alloy beads mounted on steel wire chain loops. The beads will be nonmagnetic. The patch loop is the "paperclip" variation, a late war style. There is no toggle just the paperclip patch loop formed and then spot welded. These chains are found in rg34 by Hawig (cmr)and other makers. Some will have an earlier style toggle and/or patch loop.

Not sure why your piece is so mangled-up. Almost looks to have been damaged. Although these chains came after the earlier aluminum beaded versions their quality usually remains high. Don't recall seeing one in this condition.

not all the links are like that could be field repairs. the repairs are old as they have a pantina the tool is unarked

Military Rifle Journal
Back