Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just happened upon a g29o...

Quote Originally Posted by funkyjedi View Post
    I appreciate your responses. After I posted last, I have spent a good deal of time thinking about this. I want you to know that I was never trying to insult or troll in anyway. I was just being honest. One thing I have learned in my life is that there is nothing new. Everything has been said or done or felt before. I was just curious as to if anyone had felt the same.

Simson, I appreciate all the help you have given me. Please know I was never trying to offend you. This was just a very new idea for me. I suppose I liken it to someone who practices catch and release fishing. It is a matter of preference. Pure and simple.

So, please accept my apology, I was not trying to offend anyone.

I hope you all have a wonderful fathers day.
    Although your offered apology was not meant for me, I just want to say that I feel no apology on your part is necessary and I don't think any animosity towards you personally was intended.
    BTW, I collect German military items; also practice catch and release fishing - AND - will hug a tree whenever the opportunity arises.

I wasn't especially offended, as I have not actively collected the 98k in over 10 years, though I still own a couple. I just do not see how the argument makes any sense (connecting the collection or buying of an item relates to advocacy of a cause or political belief).

Anyway, Denny took the right approach towards you and I edited my post some. I just do not think the reality of life, decisions to take part of certain aspects of society, mean you agree with every aspect of that society (or history for that matter).

Simson, I appreciate all the help you have given me. Please know I was never trying to offend you. This was just a very new idea for me. I suppose I liken it to someone who practices catch and release fishing. It is a matter of preference. Pure and simple.

So, please accept my apology, I was not trying to offend anyone.

I hope you all have a wonderful fathers day.

I catch and release when I have to, and sometimes when I don't--but something about trout, butter and a frying pan over a campfire is just magical.

SO, let me ask you guys, if this was your rifle, what would you do with it?

Country Boy

Who gave it to you? Was it a friend or relative or just some one who wanted rid of it? Dont answer that to me answer it to yourself. If it was a relative and it came indirectley from the person who brought it back then that would be enough for me to hold on to it and maybe pass it on down. The question can really only be answered by you. If WW2 doesnt interest you and you have no connection to the rifle sell it to one of us. When I look at this stuff (rifles pistols helmets ect) it just ozzes history to me. You never know what kind of evil if any it was part of but it was a part of someones life for better or worse and part of a huge page of our history.

I catch and release when I have to, and sometimes when I don't--but something about trout, butter and a frying pan over a campfire is just magical.

SO, let me ask you guys, if this was your rifle, what would you do with it?