Third Party Press

AC44 K43 Labor of Love Gun, Is It Worth It?

I have not seen one in person, but like you I have heard all good things. Let us know how you like it, how the install went. Post some photos please. My shooter is an AC45 no letter and someone made the stock a bit shorter and varnished the daylights out of it so it needs to be replaced at some point....

Heard back from him today, said an 8 month wait. Found another Polish gentleman who said he can get a beechwood k43 stock, waffens (no serial) linseed oil treated. Slightly less, but can get it to me on a month or so. Going to give that a shot, will show before and after. Reviews are good for this one too, fingers crossed we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard back from him today, said an 8 month wait. Found another Polish gentleman who said he can get a beechwood k43 stock, waffens (no serial) linseed oil treated. Slightly less, but can get it to me on a month or so. Going to give that a shot, will show before and after. Reviews are good for this one too, fingers crossed we’ll see.

Yea that’s the thing about Fox, he is way backed up... last I heard it was 6th months. Time to hire help.

Since as far as I know the G/K43 never had a solid stock, except perhaps for a prototype. I'd order the laminate right away and fix the band and any other problems, set the thing in the corner and work on something else until the stock arrives. May sound crazy, but that's just me.
:happy0180:

Since as far as I know the G/K43 never had a solid stock, except perhaps for a prototype. I'd order the laminate right away and fix the band and any other problems, set the thing in the corner and work on something else until the stock arrives. May sound crazy, but that's just me.
:happy0180:

Yeah, this one actually looks like a pretty solid stock that I think I can appreciate as well. Not sanded, still has the “rough” finish, if it’s even close to the one that he has as his display I think I’ll be almost equally as happy. Serials are stamped in it, but that’s not a deal breaker for me.

560e8a175544d9709d9f72b381e03392.jpg

dc5df7b7e08e647165da838618729335.jpg

c55a6c0e7060b5fc61e696915abaddb6.jpg

Yeah, this one actually looks like a pretty solid stock that I think I can appreciate as well. Not sanded, still has the “rough” finish, if it’s even close to the one that he has as his display I think I’ll be almost equally as happy. Serials are stamped in it, but that’s not a deal breaker for me.

560e8a175544d9709d9f72b381e03392.jpg

dc5df7b7e08e647165da838618729335.jpg

c55a6c0e7060b5fc61e696915abaddb6.jpg

eBay?

eBay?

Yeah, actually bought different ones off there, both Polish. See which one fits/looks best sell the other. I’d love to wait 8 months but I just don’t think I have it in me. Already waiting for an NFA item, I can’t hold out for another.

I have to admit, it's not bad! I think if you stain it a bit dark, the growth rings might pop out and give it the laminated effect.

I have to admit, it's not bad! I think if you stain it a bit dark, the growth rings might pop out and give it the laminated effect.

Yeah, I’m curious what the one I’m getting will look like, obviously each one looks a little different. Hoping it may come a little darker and I don’t have to puts, but we’ll see

Good show IMO you did fine, what is left is not going down on price. Enjoy! G43 is just a expensive toy w/0 the bang! You should have started looking months prior!

Good show IMO you did fine, what is left is not going down on price. Enjoy! G43 is just a expensive toy w/0 the bang! You should have started looking months prior!

Agreed! Just found out about the K43 about a week ago though, wasn’t planning on buying one but if Incan find something to spend more money on, well why not pick it up ha.

Military Rifle Journal
Back