Third Party Press

Big Kriegsmarine Flag.......

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
I bought a Kriegsflagge a few years ago in standard flag size. But I wanted a bigger one, and one with Kriegsmarine markings. Finally got one in the size I wanted. There are two sizes bigger technically, bit only one known to exist with Graf Spee provenance. So this will have to do. I’m in the photo for scale, I’m not a small boy. Sorry I’m disheveled but gotta make the money to buy this retarded stuff somehow. My two apprentices holding it for me without getting offended is a plus! It’s well marked, and about 10.5 ft by 16.5ft.

044160C4-FC49-48AC-908A-34561F8B8A81.jpg0BD24212-1BAB-479C-8AF1-B7ECC8F693F6.jpgFCE35B26-D2F6-48AB-B11E-C3DA8CF87760.jpg

Sweet! Now you need to get a battleship
to fly it from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you could only fly it once for a few seconds before you could dance around in red linty snow. Lol. I’d like to see someone try flying one though.

Awesome flag man. Super cool.

I too have a Kreigsflagge...although mine is just a tad smaller :laugh:

Last edited:
very nice.. I had one similar size but sold it.. I do like them but just too large to display.. I will keep my 80x55 and be happy..

Andrew in this day and age photos like that go viral and will surely cost you your run for Canada's PM... LOL :laugh:

here are some of the flags I have owned.. three one very large 300cm X500cm then two smaller type. Then a matched set off a smaller destroyer Fore and aft flags.

Attachments

• 3 flags.jpg
    3 flags.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 47
  • two flags.jpg
    two flags.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 46
very nice.. I had one similar size but sold it.. I do like them but just too large to display.. I will keep my 80x55 and be happy..

Andrew in this day and age photos like that go viral and will surely cost you your run for Canada's PM... LOL :laugh:

I had considered a long time ago if I’d ever even want to run for a town councillor or something and decided that, I just could never pander to morons, which is most of politics regardless of your aim. So it will never happen. Lol

I bought a Kreigsflagge a few years ago in standard flag size. But I wanted a bigger one, and one with Kreigsmarine markings. Finally got one in the size I wanted. There are two sizes bigger technically, bit only one known to exist with Graf Spee provenance. So this will have to do. I’m in the photo for scale, I’m not a small boy. Sorry I’m disheveled but gotta make the money to buy this retarded stuff somehow. My two apprentices holding it for me without getting offended is a plus! It’s well marked, and about 10.5 ft by 16.5ft.

View attachment 261767View attachment 261768View attachment 261769

Somewhere back in the long ago, around 40 years gone by, or so, I remember seeing one attributed to the Graf Spee listed for sale. The price was reasonable (everything was a lot cheaper back in those days) and I had the cash, but my problem was the same as the seller's - this thing was huge, and no place to properly display it or even room to appropriately store it.

Somewhere back in the long ago, around 40 years gone by, or so, I remember seeing one attributed to the Graf Spee listed for sale. The price was reasonable (everything was a lot cheaper back in those days) and I had the cash, but my problem was the same as the seller's - this thing was huge, and no place to properly display it or even room to appropriately store it.

The guy who’s had it for decades actually just passed away last summer. Not sure where it went. But apparently yes, Graf spee, it was kept by the ambassador or consulate for a long time post war.

I have to folded in a garment bag that’s mostly airtight but not completely, with cedar wood moth balls. When folded it fits PERFECTLY in a 1500 round 8mm crate.

Is there a size chart for Kreigs flags? By this I mean your size flag would go on a destroyer or cruiser? I ask because I believe I have a lager flag that I bought about 15 years ago. After I purchased it I looked at it for an hour and asked myself wtf am I going to do with this........ So I used an aircraft hanger laid it flat and rolled it around the correct length of plastic piping and then bed sheets with some moth balls and hung it in my basement where it sits to this day.

This is a size chart that I believe I got from the WAF at one time.

Size#.......measurement......ship tonnage...........type ship
#12.........450x750cm..........over 10K tons.........Battleship (Bismarck 50Kt)
#11.........400x670cm..........over 10K tons.........B-Cruiser (Prinz Eugen 14Kt)
#10.........300x500cm..........1500 to 10K tons...Cruiser (Leipzig 8.4K tons)
#8...........200x335cm..........1500 to 10K tons...Destroyer 3Kt & Cruiser 8Kt
#7...........150x250cm...........500 to 1500 tons..(note U-Boat pole too short)
#6...........100x170cm...........500 to 1500 tons...DE-Torpedo Boat 900 tons
#5...........80x135cm.............up to 500 tons........U-Boats and E-Boats, tugs
#3...........50x85cm...............up to 500 tons........U-Boats 900t, E-Boats

Last edited:
Is there a size chart for Kreigs flags? By this I mean your size flag would go on a destroyer or cruiser? I ask because I believe I have a lager flag that I bought about 15 years ago. After I purchased it I looked at it for an hour and asked myself wtf am I going to do with this........ So I used an aircraft hanger laid it flat and rolled it around the correct length of plastic piping and then bed sheets with some moth balls and hung it in my basement where it sits to this day.
I would be concerned about the off gassing of that PVC pipe. When was the last time you inspected your flag?

Thanks PeterS, and grimlin13, it’s been 15 years. I wrapped either side with bed sheets. I’ll check this July and report back here.

Military Rifle Journal
Back