Third Party Press

k98 Legit?

zacker

any opinions thankful, humped or original, only pics 4 the moment.

Attachments

• bcd1.jpg
    bcd1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 80
  • bcd2.jpg
    bcd2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 123
  • bcd3.jpg
    bcd3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 77
  • bcd4.jpg
    bcd4.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 93
  • bcd5.jpg
    bcd5.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 81
  • bcd6.jpg
    bcd6.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 92
  • bcd7.jpg
    bcd7.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 158
  • bcd8.jpg
    bcd8.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 151
  • bcd9.jpg
    bcd9.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 182
  • bcd10.jpg
    bcd10.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 117
a few more pics.

Attachments

• bcd11.jpg
    bcd11.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 63
  • bcd12.jpg
    bcd12.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 62
  • bcd13.jpg
    bcd13.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 63
  • bcd15.jpg
    bcd15.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 89
  • bcd17.jpg
    bcd17.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 55
  • bcd18.jpg
    bcd18.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 65
  • bcd19.jpg
    bcd19.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 50
Not a gustloff collector but the bolt strength serial being that direction, safety being 4 digit and shroud and stem 3, blued take down disc?, and a kreigsmodel buttolate would tell me to stay away from this one.

Someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon enough!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not a gustloff collector but the bolt strength serial being that direction, safety being 4 digit and shroud and stem 3, blued take down disc?, and a kreigsmodel buttolate would tell me to stay away from this one.

Someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon enough!

The rest of the pics make me curious. Interested to hear what others say even more now.

Bolt bad for sure. I may see a “Russian Capture” marking on the top of the receiver as well. This automatically makes the rest of the gun suspect. With a bad bolt and being a potentially humped R/C resto job, I’d pass for sure unless it’s like 200 bucks.

Sent from my top secret official Bunker of the Order of the Def’s Hed.

Bolt numbers are bad. Stay away from this one.

I'm pretty inexperienced in K98 collecting but those bolt numbers really stood out to me as well. They're horrendous. And there's a RC capture X on the receiver so this gun has been monkeyed with. OP should only buy this as a shooter for shooter level money. Not collector.

did anyone else notice the firing proof on the right side of the receiver? Looks like some one was practicing.

Plus should this not be phosphated by this time. Not sure if I have seen any blue 5 digits.

Last edited:
Bolt bad for sure. I may see a “Russian Capture” marking on the top of the receiver as well. This automatically makes the rest of the gun suspect. With a bad bolt and being a potentially humped R/C resto job, I’d pass for sure unless it’s like 200 bucks.

Sent from my top secret official Bunker of the Order of the Def’s Hed.

I dont think thats a russian capture mark. Just a ding.

I think the rifle looks pretty good outside of the obvious bolt.

John

I'm pretty inexperienced in K98 collecting but those bolt numbers really stood out to me as well. They're horrendous. And there's a RC capture X on the receiver so this gun has been monkeyed with. OP should only buy this as a shooter for shooter level money. Not collector.

You are correct. They aren't stamped they are engraved.. The moron who did this couldn't even put the numbers going to the proper direction !!! LOL wish they were all this dumb.

All of those red flags, and it still sold for $1250.

Low brain power bidders rule the day at Gunbonker anymore it seems. But it's a reel Notzi rifle. I think I need Jordan's pic of filling the brain with gasoline while smoking? :facepalm:

Pretty sure I know who the seller was and he does have a following of droolers who believe whatever bullshit he writes in the description.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back