Third Party Press

$355 for a bolt?

Gew88 bolts have been idiotic of late. I saw one hit $700 not too long ago on fleabay.

Crazy stuff

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I feel like with a few hundred more you could buy a complete rifle. What are Gewehr 88s going for lately?
You can get turk ones for $4-500 these days. The ones worth getting are of course more. Nice matching ones do not show up as often any more.

These tend to be stepchildren compared to Mausers (I personally find them to be highly underrated and pleasant to shoot)

Gew88 bolts have been idiotic of late. I saw one hit $700 not too long ago on fleabay.

Crazy stuff

That is insane. What gets me about this one is that it was turk'd. :facepalm: Like you say, complete lightly turk'd ones are not much more. A far cry from $89 turkish 88's and all matching/all German for $300. Doesn't seem all that long ago.

If it were a fully original Loewe bolt I could see the strong price, though still pretty obsessive... this appears to be a Spandau bolt, couldn't match the C/B exactly, but by suffix style and FP Spandau is most probable.

I feel like people want a replacement bolt head or extractor and want them now. Imagine paying more for a bolt than what the rifle is worth

Military Rifle Journal
Back