Third Party Press

Gunsmith Wanted for DOU 42 K98k Restoration Project

CRMausr7

Hello everyone,

I've almost finished collecting parts for the restoration of my DOU 42 K98k, but I'm in need of a good gunsmith to replace the barrel and fit all the stock hardware to the rifle's stock and handguard. Are there any qualified gunsmiths on here that willing to help me out with this, or know of somebody that might be able to perform this work. Thanks.

Humbarger

Post a close up photo of the barrel reciever and bolt. Does the barrel screw into the reciever?
How far to or past top dead center are the sights when the barrel is screwed hand tight
into the reciever?

CRMausr7

Post a close up photo of the barrel reciever and bolt. Does the barrel screw into the reciever?
How far to or past top dead center are the sights when the barrel is screwed hand tight
into the reciever?

I don't know. Currently, the rifle has its original barrel installed, but it keyholes when I fire it. I have a replacement barrel for it, but since I don't have the tools or experience, I haven't tried to remove the original barrel or install the replacement unit.

mowzerluvr

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?
It's an easy procedure that I can no longer perform. What "fitting" does the stock require? 99% of k98 stocks are built so well they are essentially interchangeable. It's a longshot as he has not been active but try reaching out to solman here on the forum. He lives right near you in Washington state. He may be able to help or know someone more local.

Military Rifle Journal