Third Party Press

MP38 Parts Kit

$4K-$5k is my guess -
(It is what I would pay.)

If you GB it, someone may come out of the woodwork or desperately wants it, and it may go higher.
Or I may be too high and you get no bids.

My MP40 kit sat until i dropped it to $3K - then it vanished.
MP44 no receiver went BIN for $4K in less than 24 hours.

An MP38 is rarer than the MP40 but difficult to gauge it's desirability against an MP44 - it is rarer, but with firearms that is not often a direct indicator of value.

I am thinking (based on bid watching on GB) it is quite a small number of people who are bidding for these items right now - not out of the double digits for sure, and maybe even less than 20.

I cannot offer you an exact figure only a guess based on items that are not an MP38 - lol.

I am not selling any more of my kits, I think the price rise over the last five years are an indicator of where they are going.

I agree with Pitfighter on potential pricing. I'll also add that the desirability has also been impacted by the almost perfect new made parts coming out of Latvia. Receiver tubes, trigger tray/rear cap lower, hand grip and magwell are all being made by Linas. Lot's of folks are taking chances buying them as listed on Gunbroker and Ebay. I had him make me a couple receiver tubes but no holes cut in them so they are just super nice fluted tubes that can be used for dummies. I don't see how you could get away with importing the magwell, grip or complete lower without risking your O ring but guys are doing it. Anyway, the point is that these parts being available knocks some of the market out. If a guy is wanting to make a semi MP38 then these would be better than original parts IMHO. Cheaper too.

Thanks for the responses. Where could i go about getting a dummy tube for the kit?

Maybe I am missing something here, but what exactly keeps that from firing?

Maybe I am missing something here, but what exactly keeps that from firing?

With a blank tube, you won't have the ability to insert the bolt, or have the seat slot for firing ability. You could mill out the ejection port and mag hole to make a realistic dummie.

I like the US tube but their website is so old.

Guess Latvia it is. Looks like he can blue and # it too.

I thought of bob at Philly ordnance great guy I have been to his shop a few times, he sells MP-40 80% receiver,s he maybe be able to make you a MP-38, he is good like that , but it will take time
if you call dont expect a call back right away, best to e-mail him

jack

Philords response was instant. Unfortunately he does not make an mp38 tube. Only a mp40. He said I could machine flutes in it.....but I am inept.

Therefor it looks like I will contact Lithuania.

in the end you will e glad you did. The markings are all correct looking, right fonts etc. Pretty quick turn around too.

Military Rifle Journal
Back