Third Party Press

Walther Sportsmodell Cleaning Rod and Retainer Nut

jsz

I have been working on an accurate and faithful reproduction of the WSM cleaning rod and retainer nut. I had two originals to use for pattern and copying, one was actually broken that I did repair after measuring and studying how it was assembled. The originals are made in three pieces, rod, collar and pin, when assembled there is a small amount of play between the collar and the rod. The original collar attachment via the pin was polished smooth after the pin installment, this detail was replicated. The reproductions on the market I have and have examined are not accurate, the collar is over sized, the radius of the collar is incorrect and it appears to be made in one piece and the collars are not pinned on.
Photo 1, shows the original on the right, after welding compared to the existing reproductions on the market
Photo 2, is the reproduction retainer nut that is installed in the stock
Photo 3, Original rod with original collar installed and pinned in place and polished
Photo 4, 1st rod on left is original, compared with three piece reproductions I have made
Photo 5, 1st rod on left is original, compared with three piece reproductions I have made
Photo 6, Three piece reproduction rod with reproduction retainer nut attached
Photo 7, Three piece reproduction rod installed in a stock with a reproduction retainer nut also installed.
Will be making another run of 15 of these to offer to the community. Not cheap but much more faithful then any other reproductions I have found, coupled with the retainer nut is not reproduced.
Jeff

Attachments

• WSM.1.jpg
    WSM.1.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 23
  • WSM.2.jpg
    WSM.2.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 22
  • WSM.4.jpg
    WSM.4.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 24
  • WSM.5.jpg