Third Party Press

Consecutive bcd45 rifles

pzjgr

EOD - bombs and bullets
Does anyone out there actually own two consecutive numbered guns? That was always a dream of mine...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, nice pair (heh, that goes for the rifles and the avatar!).

Does anyone out there actually own two consecutive numbered guns? That was always a dream of mine...

I have consecutive bcd45's.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bcd45.jpg
    bcd45.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 606
I traded for the pair. It cost me 3 bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 wine and an AR15. :thumbsup:

Gorgeous rifles guys.

Bruce, thanks for sharing the pics. The next volume should be spectacular.

Mike, what can I say,,WOW.
Questions:
Just by going by the pics posted, does 14065 have a MG barrel ?
Do both rifles have Sauer barrels?

One has a Sauer barrel, one has an avk barrel. I've moved these post into a new thread so Bruce can keep the ChdA guns seperate.

Mike found the number stamps in the Buchenwald sewers and stamped them himself.

It's really a cool story about how these got together- Bruce should tell it, I'm a second hand source.

LOL.

Those things make my eyes water and I'm not even a BPF (Big Phosphate Fan).

Were those the ones in KCN many years back?

bcd45s

Total luck. When the OGCA was in Cleveland, we would always get together Fri. PM before the show.
I had 2 or 3 bcd45s at the time and Bad Santa brought his for sale or trade if my memory serves me.
Around the table having a few carbonated beverages, he pulled out his bcd45 from the case.
I looked at it and wasnt sure but went into my gun room and pulled the pinstripe out and nearly crapped my pants. Needless to say pure luck and circumstance. I had to locate another bcd45 for Bud and he
swapped even up.

Years later, Bud put together the consecutive set of bcd4 long side rail examples pictured in the book.
So there you have it - 2 consec. bcd45s and 2 consec. bcd4 LSR. Unreal.

I forgot about the bcd 4 LSR consecutive rifles, and I'm the one that sold/traded him one of them.

I have to say, the next consecutive set is either going to be bnz45's or byf45's, I see enough of them. In some serial studies there are consecutive byf45's. For bnz45, I know where a close match is - 1 gun between two (i.e. xx99 S and xx01 S)

Military Rifle Journal
Back