Third Party Press

Portuguese K98 new imports

I happened upon a u tube video of a guy with 60 or so 37As that were all matching with really crisp markings, original slings etc. are these part of this group or is that old/something else? They looked nice and def rarer than the Bs I think tho not an expert here
The 1937 contracts are coming In from somewhere now for a 1500 price on Atlantic but have to get bayonet and 945 rounds with it. It looks like they will keep releasing new batches to keep the prices up and move higher priced surplus.

The 1937 contracts are coming In from somewhere now for a 1500 price on Atlantic but have to get bayonet and 945 rounds with it. It looks like they will keep releasing new batches to keep the prices up and move higher priced surplus.

Have you seen the prices for these Port k98's on GB? The rifles are worth 1.5K by themselves................The Bayonet and Ammo are a bonus.

When Atlantic gets more of these in, I highly encourage y'all to grab one. I have no idea how they managed to sell them with all of the extras at that price but that's an amazing deal. To add to what Model said, $1500 is just because of these imports. Before this a 937A was $2500+ and usually in worse condition than what's been imported this time. Once these are gone, prices will go back up, maybe more than past price because this was a rather obscure contract of rifles that many now know about.

There will not be more 937B models. Only Centerfire and myself purchased those.(Or so I was told.) In my opinion these 937As are more interesting and arguably in better overall condition.

When Atlantic gets more of these in, I highly encourage y'all to grab one. I have no idea how they managed to sell them with all of the extras at that price but that's an amazing deal. To add to what Model said, $1500 is just because of these imports. Before this a 937A was $2500+ and usually in worse condition than what's been imported this time. Once these are gone, prices will go back up, maybe more than past price because this was a rather obscure contract of rifles that many now know about.

There will not be more 937B models. Only Centerfire and myself purchased those.(Or so I was told.) In my opinion these 937As are more interesting and arguably in better overall condition.
Have you seen the prices for these Port k98's on GB? The rifles are worth 1.5K by themselves................The Bayonet and Ammo are a bonus.
You’re correct about that it was bad wording. It’s higher quality and highly desirable which always gets higher prices. I think it was a good deal with a bayonet and 945 rounds I’m not going to complain about that. I was just mad I only had a k on hand for buying I should have put it on credit but that’s a whole different discussion lol. I’ll be ready if they have more if not I might get a 41 if any are left. Thanks for replying and for the information.

The one I received from Atlantic is generally not as nice as the ones that came form Reptile but I did not have to deal with the lottery system @ mosin crate.

All matching down to and including the cleaning rod.

With my Mod B RC

Last edited:
The one I received from Atlantic is generally not as nice as the ones that came form Reptile but I did not have to deal with the lottery system @ mosin crate.

All matching down to and including the cleaning rod.

That's still a gorgeous firearm. I hope they genuinely have more on the way and it isn't some glitch like they've had before. I missed out on the last batch.

I handled some of these at Centerfire last week. They had probably 8 or so in the racks. Most looked pretty good.
Is it worth getting the bayonet? There’s only a small WA on the end of the handle and no other stamping as far as I could tell.

Did you see any different??

Is it worth getting the bayonet? There’s only a small WA on the end of the handle and no other stamping as far as I could tell.

Did you see any different??

They had a stack of bayonets nearby.

Personally, I would grab one. I always owned at least one bayonet for each rifle type that I had, and this would be no different.

These rifles are back in stock on Atlantic Firearms. I recommend grabbing one if anyone missed out before. Hopefully this batch will be as nice as the last. Best of luck to all playing the milsurp lottery!

I ordered one even though I said I wouldn’t. Hope it’s nice. So, can Berdan primers be swapped out for non-corrosive ones?

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to actually go through the order process and order one this time! Hoping it'll be as nice as the one Model posted, it'll be a good reference for pre war MO quality while I still look for a S/42 K98k.

I tried to order one but a pop-up states they're not shipping them to NJ for some reason. I'm sure they'll be gone before I can call them in the am. 😡

I tried to order one but a pop-up states they're not shipping them to NJ for some reason. I'm sure they'll be gone before I can call them in the am. 😡
That same bs happened to another member for the last batch. I wish there was a way to put one on hold.
Oddly centerfire has a note that they wouldn't ship the 1941 portuguese to Miami, FL. Which makes no sense either because there aren't any laws that I can see against gun ownership in the city.

Atlantic just sold out of their second batch in hours. I just saw the Email and they are gone that’s what I get for taking a nap after work.

Just received mine. I was pleasantly surprised with it. Matching down to the screws including the cleaning rod. I’ll post some pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Military Rifle Journal
Back