Third Party Press

Two Elite Diamant

Rittmeister

Found these two on a gunshow last weekend. Not mint, but both are in honest nice condition. The one made in 1939 have serialnumber 7065e, and bayonet made in 1940 have serialnumber 8643. Regards Arvid

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 39
ED finds

If you found the two EDs and the S244G at the same show, that was a heck of a show. I love Elite Diamant examples. I try not to let too many get by me.

Then you most move to Norway Unutt!. I probably saw nearly 100 S84/98 bayonets for sale at that show, and it was a small show! Most of them were probably non matching exsamples, but still. I have two tables to watch myself on this show, and miss many items because of this. Not all shows in Norway have the same amount of S84/98 bayonets, but they are always present.

Interesting! Most certain the same shipment! Could also have came in with the invasion force in april 1940. Thanks for feedback guys!

Hello,
The Elite Diamant 39 is in good state : happy0180:
It would be nice to group each find of the members in the same subject: ex collection unutt, collection rittmeister etc ...
Many pages to do research.

Regards

Last edited:
84/98s

Then you most move to Norway Unutt!. I probably saw nearly 100 S84/98 bayonets for sale at that show, and it was a small show! Most of them were probably non matching exsamples, but still. I have two tables to watch myself on this show, and miss many items because of this. Not all shows in Norway have the same amount of S84/98 bayonets, but they are always present.

I would be broke if I attended one show. I recently attended a show in Dallas with 1500+ tables. There were four matched 84/98s, one being the 43asw that I recently posted. There were only three or four unmatched examples. And the previous time I attended that show, there were only two unmatched examples, and zero matched examples. I was surprised to find any example that was interesting enough to buy this time.

I will be attending a show in Tulsa this week end. There will be 4200 tables of guns and other items. There are usually only 20 or so matched K98s for sale, and another 20 unmatched examples. This is just not a good location to find bayonets. eBay and craigslist are my best chances of finding examples I want.

I think the prime days soon will be over in Norway also. The Source of S84/98 bayonets is not exhaustive, but I am happy as long as I can. Happy hunting to all of you:happy0180:

I explained myself badly.
In the forum instead of creating a topic by bayonet, it would be nice if the members who intervene often, always present them in the same subject. Example:
In place of subject: S / 244 g ou two diamant Elite....
Read: rittmeister collection, or my bayonets collection ..

It's just a proposition
: happy0180:

Last edited:
I guess I am showing my 'novice' status here on K98 Bayonets, but I have never seen this manufacture before...in the back of my mind though I have seen this name on a bicycle?

regards,
Peter.

In place of subject: S / 244 g ou two diamant Elite....
Read: rittmeister collection, or my bayonets collection

If you click on "latest started treads" on the collectors profile you can get an overwiew of his collection! But, I am agree, it is very much job when searching for something spesific in here. This site starting to get very huge!

Latest started threads

If you click on "latest started treads" on the collectors profile you can get an overwiew of his collection! But, I am agree, it is very much job when searching for something spesific in here. This site starting to get very huge!

I had not tried that trick. I went to look at mine. About 1/4 of my collection has been posted, aside from the picture of all of them grouped together. That is an interesting tool.

After I finally understood his suggestion, I would add that the bayonet year/maker should be part of the title so it can be searched. I only post examples that are special, or that I cannot find in a search, for example, 'unutt 45crs'

My original suggest was that we all add our examples when someone posts theirs. For example, this post could have been titled '40 Elite Diamant' , and then all of us post our examples. Then in the future, if we get another, it would be easy enough to add it to the thread. Eventually there would be 225 or so threads that have fairly complete compilations that would be easy to study. And this becomes the most complete record of k98 bayonets.

Just a thought.

My original suggest was that we all add our examples when someone posts theirs. For example, this post could have been titled '40 Elite Diamant' , and then all of us post our examples. Then in the future, if we get another, it would be easy enough to add it to the thread. Eventually there would be 225 or so threads that have fairly complete compilations that would be easy to study. And this becomes the most complete record of k98 bayonets.

Just a thought.

It's a very good idea!
Best regards
Aws

I will join that! Why not make a rarity chart also:happy0180:

sg8498.13

Ha ha! Yes, I know it already exsist a site like this!

Military Rifle Journal
Back