Third Party Press

Two Elite Diamant

Bayonet record

I suspected you might say that. The page in which I track my finds is essentially a copy of k98.free.fr, condensed as best I could, to one page. I also imbedded a link to that page in mine, with the owners blessing, of course.

I have studied his site for several years now.

I was fantasizing of something significantly larger. I am thinking that a single thread that contains pictures of all of our S/155K, for example, might include 20 to 50 examples. I also thought we might use a special word in the title of each 'pictorial' thread which would allow us to search them quickly. With a single thread for S/155K, anyone that finds another one could just add it to the thread, even years from now. A collection of 50 S/155Ks in one place would make for a pretty good way to confirm fonts/changes/proofs/whatever.

The down side is, the more information we post, the easier it will eventually be for someone to make a copy that we cannot detect.

Anyhow, it was just a thought.

I suspected you might say that. The page in which I track my finds is essentially a copy of k98.free.fr, condensed as best I could, to one page. I also imbedded a link to that page in mine, with the owners blessing, of course.

I have studied his site for several years now.

I was fantasizing of something significantly larger. I am thinking that a single thread that contains pictures of all of our S/155K, for example, might include 20 to 50 examples. I also thought we might use a special word in the title of each 'pictorial' thread which would allow us to search them quickly. With a single thread for S/155K, anyone that finds another one could just add it to the thread, even years from now. A collection of 50 S/155Ks in one place would make for a pretty good way to confirm fonts/changes/proofs/whatever.

The down side is, the more information we post, the easier it will eventually be for someone to make a copy that we cannot detect.

Anyhow, it was just a thought.

Bayonet record.
Hi Unutt.
I have also made my own 84/98 bayonet list to check and find missing pieces and I can follow your thinking/fantasizing.
I was thinking that a list placed under “bayonets and acc.” “sticky” On the K98 Forum will be a great help for collectors.
I think that a list showing fx. One of each S/155/K in all known blocknr. S/155/K no letter, S/155/K a, S/155/K b, S/155/K c, and so.. + Known double dates/special S/155/K is a great help for collectors. That will give maybe 10 -12 x S/155/K on the list. That will help us to find missing pieces.
The same with KM – marks pieces. Manufactory names 1935 – 1945 Ostsee..and Police, Commercials…
Collectors from the forum will be able to send most of the pieces/photos.
Maybe someone have this list…

84/98 T3 'museum'

A sticky is the best plan, but I would ask everyone to post every (matched) example they have in the appropriate thread, which makes a sticky difficult.

A few weeks ago, someone posted what appeared to be every single example they owned, picturing the examples by maker. Each maker was posted as a thread, and they posted starting with K and working through 44 (or 45 in some cases). Those postings gave me the fantasy that we could do each individual year/maker as a thread that could be easily searched. As he was posting, other forum members were adding their examples to his thread. I am suggesting the exact same type of posting, except one thread contain only one year/maker.

I saw that Aws posted several bouquets of bayonet blossoms. There were roughly 40 examples in each bouquet. Somewhere I thought I read that was only part of his collection. Just the ones he posted was 160ish examples. Someone on the forum told me the picture of mine counted to about 270 examples.

I am fantasizing (I do that a lot) that we post every example we own, or even that we see posted somewhere like eBay (if the pictures are good enough). I am thinking it would wind up being thousands. I count something like 220 or 225 makers times years. Even four of each of them comes to 1000. And that does not even account for police, unattributed, KM, variants like grip changes, rivets, font changes, etc. And it would be dynamic. Forum members would be adding to it all the time as they picked up more examples. And comments in the threads should be welcomed. Andy is good about pointing out anomalies. Those would be critical to understanding what we are looking at.

Also, some kind of standard ID format would help. When I search the forum, I only see examples that are identified exactly as I type it. Something like 8498T3 34 S/184K. I know that 34 and K mean the same thing, but putting the year first means a search would find them in yearly order. If someone wanted to see all the threads, they could search 8498T3. If they wanted to see all 34 dates, they could search 8498T3 34. And so on.

Is it possible I have over fantasized this?

Military Rifle Journal
Back