Third Party Press

A discussion on production, emphasis on scarce codes.

Wow this thread is completely went off the rails I do think many members here were pretty tough on a new member here he made a mistake on a different Forum big deal. We have all been there that's part of the learning process in this hobby. I mean it's supposed to be fun in the end correct? But come on he's asking legitimate questions about production numbers he wants to learn. I mean hell I can dig up some old threads of me back in late 2014. I was a rookie beyond a rookie and I asked some pretty general questions that even some people would look down upon. But I didn't know anything back then now I'm helping and guiding people.

You can’t even have a fucking hobby anymore....

I did want to tell you welcome to the ax Club there's a reason why I got the nickname AX-hole. You can thank my buddy Mike for that. Anyway if you're really interested in learning about Feima production after they took over the erma contract. I will dig through my notes and data and send them to you if you're interested. What I've been trying to find is luftwaffe contracts for this code. So far I'm the only one that owns one.

Isn't the BSW 1936 the rarest? I thought there was a discussion on it here but cant even find an image.

Yes less then 200 but there are others that I would put really close to that one as well. In Rarity and scarcity. Only one is known and it is in Russia somewhere. We keep hoping one will turn up here Stateside you just never know maybe there's one in a closet somewhere!

Wait didn’t you just say you wanted your account deleted?

This isn’t directly to you Dibbs since you haven’t been an asshole yet, but if you wanna be an asshole to a guy trying to learn for making an honest mistake then shove it up your a$$. I’ve been nothing but polite and kind hearted on this forum, but I can’t take it anymore. I’m sick of the keyboard warriors who armchair general simple mistakes. You aren’t a collector or a hobbyist if you treat people like that, you’re just an asshole. Push enough people away and your hobby will die. I’ll fight it out until my bitter end, that’s how I was raised and that’s why I do what I do. You wanna rock and roll and accuse me of being an idiot I’m gonna start sending the artillery.

Last edited:
Herk1944,
Take a deep breath. Don't take the personal attacks of a grumpy old man like rockisle1903 so seriously. No one else here does. Some guys are just grumpy. There is no need to quit to the forum.

People should be allowed to come here and ask some questions without always being rudely told to "go buy the books." Sure people should buy the books but that is not always the answer.

And what is funny guys is he was right. Rob (Biggdibs88, the seller of the 1939 660), your rifle is not pictured in the book. Go look and compare it again. It appears to be a different rifle. The wear patterns are different and the proofs on the side are in slightly different locations. Perhaps you didn't notice the difference.

FYI, Herk1944, thank you for your service of this country. Still the best in the world. Press on with your hobby and don't be discouraged. There are plenty of good people here and we need young, fresh blood.

Last edited:
We are all here to learn, discover, and enjoy the hobby. If you people want to fight, I think they're in the wrong place. I think GunBoards is the venue for that :laugh:

You know i hate posting on an issue like this, but it seems that it was all just a big misunderstanding. and I hope we can iron it out. No one wants to see arguments in the forum, and no one wants to see rifts in the hobby either. I hope Herk that you stay, and can over look this, because well I for one would hate to see anyone leave.

I’m disappointed in the way Herk was treated. Jeezus guys, take your less before you go “grumpy old bastard” on the guy. He’s done noting wrong in asking this, it’s actually a fair point

I also kinda take offense to answering a question with “it’s in the book” alone. You should also point to the pic sticky where the info is or at least say why it isn’t. This forum isn’t here to sell books, it’s our clubhouse for everyone from the knowledgeable to the newbie, where people don’t get all bent out of shape and try to Jack people up for fun. As stated, go to Gunboards if that’s your game. We’re here to teach people and act civilized, like grown men (but not grumpy old bastards).

Herk, just block those guys being assholes, don’t go anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too hope he sticks around the younger generation is what's going to make this hobby last for many more years to come. And I did like his statement I'm getting ready to be on duty I'm not going to carry the four book series on the k98k rifle in my duty bag lol! I wouldn't either especially with two of those books being completely out of print and going for very expensive prices lately. I just learned over the weekend a friend of mine bought Jim clawson's book on the 1911 for well over $1,000.

And personally I think members that act like that too people so rudely should have custom avatars for at least a week and I have some pretty good ones in mine.

Attachments

• oogaboogaaa.jpg
    oogaboogaaa.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 17
57eeab6b8eef5.image.jpg

Guys, as Mike has said, why not cut the man a little slack.

He did not come across like a Shooterike.

We all have much to learn, and new blood is necessary for the hobby to survive.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

And yes, I have been known for being a “grumpy old bastard” , but then again I turn 73 on 7 November, and I am a retired Command Sergeant Major......

Guys, as Mike has said, why not cut the man a little slack.

He did not come across like a Shooterike.

We all have much to learn, and new blood is necessary for the hobby to survive.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

And yes, I have been known for being a “grumpy old bastard” , but then again I turn 73 on 7 November, and I am a retired Command Sergeant Major......
Exactly! You are a "grumpy old bastard" but dammit! Your our "grumpy old bastard."

People should be allowed to come here and ask some questions without always being rudely told to "go buy the books." Sure people should buy the books but that is not always the answer.

Especially as two of the books are now all sold, and as has been said, all will likely to have been sold within 12+ months or so, and then no one will be able to say go buy the books.........so what happens then to any new people when they ask a question on here?

Or does the forum become a select clique of 'book owners' rather than K98 owners?

Military Rifle Journal
Back