Third Party Press

Ammo Alert

I just posted a small bit up in the trader. I've got a very tiny quantity of the mixed ammo, a decent quantity of the SMKH and then a couple other things. In two weeks I will have a lot more.
If it's OK with the mods, I'll also do an ammo giveaway on the forum just as my way of saying thanks for your patience.

I just posted a small bit up in the trader. I've got a very tiny quantity of the mixed ammo, a decent quantity of the SMKH and then a couple other things. In two weeks I will have a lot more.
If it's OK with the mods, I'll also do an ammo giveaway on the forum just as my way of saying thanks for your patience.
I’m cool with it, thanks NC.

Just got my order today I placed at the Mosin crate last week thanks again Alden you really outdid yourself. Guys you will not be disappointed the condition of the ammo is in phenomenal shape. To tell you the truth I've looked for this stuff for years and I've only ever seen one box for sale in person before and that was at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot.
image(38).jpeg

The second(and I believe last) shipment of ammo is in route. It'll likely be put on the site just after labor day weekend.
Please hold off emailing/messaging asking for preorders/hold items. I've been receiving 5-10 of these every day and it's just not possible for me to accomplish fulfilling all these requests. When these are ready to go up on the site, I will post here so everyone has a heads up.(TheMosinCrate.com, SHOP page).

WHAT 8MM (7.92) IS ON THE MENU?
Mixed 300rd lots and SMKH Tungsten(very limited quantity) will be returning.
Brass Case S.s standard FMJ lead core AND SMK Armor Piercing brass cased ammo in 300rd battle packs will be available.(Based off numerous requests for whole battle packs.)
SMK Armor Piercing TROPICAL. I only have a few battle packs of this, it will be put up as boxes NOT battle packs due to the limited qty. I do NOT expect more. It'll be very expensive.

There's some other oddities mixed in I'll be listing up along with some super cool .303 ammunition.

The second(and I believe last) shipment of ammo is in route. It'll likely be put on the site just after labor day weekend.
Please hold off emailing/messaging asking for preorders/hold items. I've been receiving 5-10 of these every day and it's just not possible for me to accomplish fulfilling all these requests. When these are ready to go up on the site, I will post here so everyone has a heads up.(TheMosinCrate.com, SHOP page).

WHAT 8MM (7.92) IS ON THE MENU?
Mixed 300rd lots and SMKH Tungsten(very limited quantity) will be returning.
Brass Case S.s standard FMJ lead core AND SMK Armor Piercing brass cased ammo in 300rd battle packs will be available.(Based off numerous requests for whole battle packs.)
SMK Armor Piercing TROPICAL. I only have a few battle packs of this, it will be put up as boxes NOT battle packs due to the limited qty. I do NOT expect more. It'll be very expensive.

There's some other oddities mixed in I'll be listing up along with some super cool .303 ammunition.
Hoping it’s some AP and incendiary 303. I need that for my Enfield T sniper. Look forward to buying more SMKH and SMK tropical.

That storm has delayed the shipment. I'm as annoyed by it as y'all are. I'm hoping to have a video on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.
@ AP, it's normal ball .303. However how it's been packed is extremely neat.

I know these are on going auctions but this does give you some appreciated to Alden for what he sold some of these ammo to us collectors. He could have easily asked for double or even triple per 15 round box, and that is not even half the price these sellers are listing this ammo for. Look at those prices buy now one 15 round box for $350. And other one buy now for $600 for a 15 round box to end the auction. I know this stuff was tough to come by but these are the scumbags of the community that get a good deal on something special and then turn around and flip it. We know where these sellers got this ammo from. I have seen a total of eight auctions now this week and they all pop up at the same time. After eying Gunbroker for years for this stuff this is the first time I have seen this much come up for sale at the same time? I'll be honest I bought eight boxes off Alden and yes I could have sold it for big money like these guys. But mainly I was also getting it for some of my friends too.

I know these are on going auctions but this does give you some appreciated to Alden for what he sold some of these ammo to us collectors. He could have easily asked for double or even triple per 15 round box, and that is not even half the price these sellers are listing this ammo for. Look at those prices buy now one 15 round box for $350. And other one buy now for $600 for a 15 round box to end the auction. I know this stuff was tough to come by but these are the scumbags of the community that get a good deal on something special and then turn around and flip it. We know where these sellers got this ammo from. I have seen a total of eight auctions now this week and they all pop up at the same time. After eying Gunbroker for years for this stuff this is the first time I have seen this much come up for sale at the same time? I'll be honest I bought eight boxes off Alden and yes I could have sold it for big money like these guys. But mainly I was also getting it for some of my friends too.

I agree. I was lucky enough to buy one of the two sealed 300 round cases he sold as I figured I would never get that chance again. Plus I was super lucky and got 4 boxes of black tip and have traded with members on here that wanted black tip and I needed the other types so I could have a box of each type. I’m looking forward to his next drop so I can get some tropical as I don’t have any of that in my collection and a few boxes more of SMKH to give as gifts.

Glad to hear that Mlea! I spent along time searching for this stuff and only seen one box for sale at the Knob creek show back in 2014 it was $250 for the box and it was gone quick. There are K98k collector friends of mine that have only seen pictures of this stuff and the chance to own a single box they will be very happy if I part with a few. I will get more and some tropical too don't own any of that stuff.

Glad to hear that Mlea! I spent along time searching for this stuff and only seen one box for sale at the Knob creek show back in 2014 it was $250 for the box and it was gone quick. There are K98k collector friends of mine that have only seen pictures of this stuff and the chance to own a single box they will be very happy if I part with a few. I will get more and some tropical too don't own any of that stuff.
I’m just worried now people looking to flip and flood GB with this stuff and us collectors are going to have a hard time getting an order in.

I have to disagree with you on this. It's a free market and people can do whatever they wish with it. They paid the seller's price, which the buyer and seller were happy with. Alden himself said in his listing in the trader:

"Before you get upset, please see what these boxes are bringing on gunbroker right now..$230+ for one box.. so at $200 shipped for FOUR, this is a GREAT deal and if you wanted just one box.. sell the other three and hopefully recoup your money and then some."

I bought 11 boxes off the website (10 for me and one for a friend) and three lots of four boxes off the trader. My goal was to have a whole battlepack. I had that with two boxes extra (since I had to order in lots of four here). What do I do with the other two boxes? Try to recoup some of my money of course! Calling people "scumbags of the community" is pretty low of you in my opinion. After all, what does it matter to you what someone does with their property? If you don't like it, then don't buy from those people on GunBroker. Obviously the people buying it on GB are more than happy to pay that price.

I am eternally grateful to Alden for offering this ammo. I had been searching for over a decade for a box of it and had never seen so much as a single round for sale until now. I'm a type collector, and I was happy to get a few boxes of each type for one of my ammo displays!

Oh yes the capitalism argument it's a free market I can ask any price blah blah. Just for the record we caught a couple scumbags here buying k98k rifles off our Trader for fair market prices and then automatically putting them on GunBroker for four times what they paid for it almost instantly. I'm going to ask you a serious question do you think it's fair that you paid $50 a box if you bought 4 boxes over paying $500 a single box? Plus the other problem I would never ever see this stuff for sale on GunBroker I looked for 10 years. So in the last week after all this ammunition was sold GunBroker is flooded with it now? Those are not people trying to sell a couple boxes those are people trying to dump and make a shitload of money.

And not only that I hear the same statement every week why is this rifle $8,000 now it was just $2,000 last year? I don't know one sold just like it on GunBroker. Like I said I've been in this hobby for almost 20 years I've seen a lot of stuff and this is no different. I would see people go to the CMP and buy almost 10 M1 rifles. Then turn around and put them on the gun show table three times more than what they paid for it. Plus they would get two of their family members to join so they could get access to another 20 rifles a year. Again capitalism. They were doing this as a business and then all sudden there's no rifles left reasonably anymore. And then folks complain again and again.

Last edited:
I agree, it sucks, but it is what it is. Most people are out to make as much money as they can. To answer your question, is it fair? Yes and no. I paid $50 each for my boxes. I could dump all of them on GB and make a bunch of money. I'm not going to. What I will likely do is give one box to my buddy to list on GB starting at .01c and see where it goes. Whatever price it brings is "fair" to me. Obviously it will sell for more than $50. With all this ammo hitting the market at once, the price will continue to fall until all of it has dried up. These people dumping it all are going to make it easier and cheaper for a collector to acquire a box in the coming months. After that, the price will rise and it will become impossible to find again.

Here's an interesting story from when I co-owned a gun/militaria shop. I had a guy call me at 6am one morning asking if we bought guns, specifically Japanese guns. I told him yes and to come in at 10 when we open. 9:30 he knocks on the door, we let him in and he explains that he was the one who called about the "Jap guns". I told him to bring them in and we'll take a look at them. He said there's too many... We went out to his car, a hatchback. He opens the back and Arisaka rifles literally roll out onto the ground. We pick them up and start lining them up along the building. There were two footlockers in there and it took two of us to carry one out. We opened it and it was full of Japanese pistols with holsters. There were Type 14s, Type 26s, Type 94s, Papa Nambus and a couple of Baby and Grandpa Nambus. I was floored. After talking to him for a while, he finally gave us a price... $20 each for the Arisakas and $250 each for the pistols. That amounted to a total of $800 for the Arisakas (40) and $5k for the pistols. That's all we could afford to spend, but there was still well over 200 pistols left. You're probably thinking that this was in the 80s when that stuff was really cheap. Nope... 2011. Just 10 years ago. We put some of the pistols on GunBroker, and they brought between $1200 and $2700 each for the Papas. The Type 14s and 26s got sold off locally, the Arisakas went to a local auction, and we kept a few. Craig and I both agreed that we should compensate the guy further, but we could never reach him again. To this day I still have his number saved in my phone as "Nambu". We had no idea what we were buying. Neither of us had ever had or sold a Japanese gun before. We just did a quick search on GunBroker and figured that we could at least double our money with his prices. We made around $30k off everything. This is where my moral compass comes in. The guy deserved more, even though he knew what they were worth and we paid his asking price. He just needed money right away and couldn't wait for all of them to sell at an auction or on consignment. Was it fair? At the time we bought it, yes. After everything was sold and done, no. Not to the seller.

Sorry for the long read.

Sorry to bump this again but promised to keep y'all updated.
The second and final list of WW2 German ammo is about to go on the site sometime over the next hour. It will NOT be available for purchase until tomorrow morning at 10AM EST.(My stores niche is that I have a preview day so that everyone has time to look at my wares without feeling rushed.) I'm not sure if I will have ammunition to list here on the trader again, so please try to order through the website for better results.

Alden

Thanks for the heads up Alden. I jumped over quick (hoping it wasn't already sold out) before I read the rest of your post about available tomorrow morning. I submitted for 1 order of A2 (tungsten) and it said 'Your order was accepted". Which is correct?

Thanks for the heads up Alden. I jumped over quick (hoping it wasn't already sold out) before I read the rest of your post about available tomorrow morning. I submitted for 1 order of A2 (tungsten) and it said 'Your order was accepted". Which is correct?
That's just an auto response, it'll say that for anything you type in there.

Any orders sent in today will get put behind those that order at the correct time tomorrow(when I open at 10AM EST).
I've had 30+ people trying to order SMKH and Tropical early today so I'm confident it'll sell out within minutes tomorrow morning so the closer to 10am the better.

Any orders sent in today will get put behind those that order at the correct time tomorrow(when I open at 10AM EST).
I've had 30+ people trying to order SMKH and Tropical early today so I'm confident it'll sell out within minutes tomorrow morning so the closer to 10am the better.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably end up phucked again as I'm supposed to be at the MK19 range. Oh well.

Will be dropping any more 300 battle packs of the smkh? Or just the at least 5 boxes on your website?

Military Rifle Journal
Back