Third Party Press

Bolt wear from receiver

Sauer_Kraut

I noticed some binding or sticking from my the bolt. It appears the bolt is rubbing the (guide)? See attached pictures. Anybody else run into this problem?

Attachments

• PXL_20231204_001903031.jpg
    PXL_20231204_001903031.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 64
  • PXL_20231204_001913671.jpg
    PXL_20231204_001913671.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I have noticed some slight rubbing on a couple of the builds that I have done with a mismatched bolt but nothing that binds. If you shoot it do you have any failure for the bolt to close properly or bolt carrier to fully seat?

Last edited:
I have noticed some slight rubbing on a couple of the builds that I have done with a mismatched bolt but nothing that binds. If you shoot it do you have any failure for the bolt to close b[properly or bolt carried to fully seat?
I could video a full cycle, but it's nothing crazy. Just something I noticed. The only failure I've noticed is the rare failure to feed. And that's only on one of the mags, so probs a weak spring.

But this is a 44 Walther, I'd expect high quality
Mine is an AC44 g block but the bolt does not look anything like yours, mine just has nice smooth wear marks on it.
Wonder if yours was shot at one time with sand or other abrasive stuff in the action?

Mine is an AC44 g block but the bolt does not look anything like yours, mine just has nice smooth wear marks on it.
Wonder if yours was shot at one time with sand or other abrasive stuff in the action?
Nope, it's for sure rubbing. I can put light pressure, pushing away, and the bolt will not touch anything. I think I should open it up and check springs.

Strictly my opinion but I am not shooting any of my G/K 43 rifles for fear of breakage / over powered and breaks parts too easily....

Military Rifle Journal
Back