Third Party Press

Bringback MP40 + MP44

pitfighter

This is an auction link - not mine - not affiliated - if it's verboten feel free to remove.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=541489764

I cannot remember what is or is not allowed.

But for collectors, (read that as me, as I cannot speak for anyone else, lol,) this is a Helluva interesting pair, and the provenance is pretty fun, too.
Yeah - it's a 1944 marked MP43, with a late war mag release, but, still a nice set up.

Last edited:
Im a little short of the buyers price, i can only imagine the reserve price.

my corp is too busy paying taxes to support 50% of the country right now

Its high, but not crazy high for two all matching unmessed with C&R MGs. Heck, a mp40 in worse shape sold for a little less than 30 a week or so ago. Add in the pouches and mags too. That is not a cheap rig.

Pitfighter, that falls into the arbitrary "posted live auction exception" category ;)

Does the gun come with paperwork to prove the story? Paperwork can be faked, of course, but its just a neat story until I see something.

Does the gun come with paperwork to prove the story? Paperwork can be faked, of course, but its just a neat story until I see something.

If you're talking about what we have come to call "capture papers", I wouldn't expect them because officers were exempt from the requirement.

I have subscribed to this sellers auctions for a few years - he sets the BIN price high - the auctions sometimes end far lower than you would expect.

If you're talking about what we have come to call "capture papers", I wouldn't expect them because officers were exempt from the requirement.

I mean just about anything. Amnesty forms, import paperwork, period photos, perhaps even an affidavit, just something to give any weight to the story. Not saying it isn't a true story, but three quarters and one story don't add up to a dollar.

Wow what a neat set of machine guns. And I truly believe that buy now button will be hit before the auction bidding really gets to start. I see MP40 SMG's down at Knob creek for sale for at least $20-25K let alone the STG-44 models been bringing around $25-30K. What do those MP40 magazines bring now don't see many of them for sale anymore. May be worth it in the end if you got some deep pockets or hit the power-ball last week.

Wow what a neat set of machine guns. And I truly believe that buy now button will be hit before the auction bidding really gets to start. I see MP40 SMG's down at Knob creek for sale for at least $20-25K let alone the STG-44 models been bringing around $25-30K. What do those MP40 magazines bring now don't see many of them for sale anymore. May be worth it in the end if you got some deep pockets or hit the power-ball last week.

MP40 mags - $100-$150 per (The one still in wax-paper would be nice in a collection.)
MP44 mags - $350-$450 per (More for Mkb42 markings, and certain other variations.)
MP40 Mag loader - $150

I am not 100% on the pouches, I usually look at the stitching and it looks sloppy on my monitor, Heer stitching QC was pretty sharp right to the end - I am no expert in pouches - WAY too many variations to keep track of.
But, if it were good, about $750-$850 for matching left and right MP40 pouches - approx.

That looks like an original set of pouches, looks like a green set of clg 43s. Need better pics of all, looks like perhaps an ayf MP.40.

There we go, paperwork. I can't judge originality, but it would make me sleep better.

That's exactly the paperwork I indicated. Mine was a high level NCO who was tight with his CO, who apparently had a hand in getting Sgt. Weaver's stuff here. He signed the "capture papers". The pics are not that great.

A friend of mine has an MG-42 with the same paperwork, dated 1946 I think. One day we got bored and looked up the address on the form. It ended up being like 4 blocks away from where he lives. In 70 years, the gun has traveled like 1000 feet. lol.

Same guy has a Finn marked MG-34. It would've been shipped with the tanks the Germans supplied to the Finns, who promptly pulled them out on arrival. Thing looks to be all matching, though it's got a mild dewat, so he can't check the barrel. Nearly new gun, it's a work of art.

Military Rifle Journal
Back