Third Party Press

Byf44 all matching ,I block

SVW1945

Here is one of my Byf 44 all matching I Block . I know there common, But easy to find . Nice bluing on receiver. They grow on you. Thats why I have 5 Byf 44,s .
svw1945

Attachments

• byf7.jpg
    byf7.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 110
  • byf8.jpg
    byf8.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 110
  • byf9.jpg
    byf9.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 108
  • byf4.jpg
    byf4.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 100
  • byf.jpg
    byf.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 102
  • byf1.jpg
    byf1.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 93
  • byf3.jpg
    byf3.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 91
  • byf5.jpg
    byf5.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 88
  • byf6.jpg
    byf6.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 105
Here is one of my Byf 44 all matching I Block . I know there common, But easy to find . Nice bluing on receiver. They grow on you. Thats why I have 5 Byf 44,s .
svw1945
It is in very good condition (one of the reasons byf 44 are attractive, I guess) , I just bought an h block this week-end. It looks like between h and i, parts were getting cruder (your stock has a corn cob look). All the more so that yours is towards the end of the i block.

Last edited:
svw1945
Cool, my all matching byf 44 i block is in the 45XXX range. It's interesting to see the evolution of chattering of machining and then lack there of when bits changed...seeing process start all over again. I guess trying to get the most out of the milling/machining cutting tools. As I'm soaking up as much as possible, I am seeing lot of this in 1944...obviously so. Mine has same type of stock chatter and machine chatter in spots but a lot less on the receiver ring.

Last edited:
...I know there common, But easy to find . Nice bluing on receiver. They grow on you. Thats why I have 5 Byf 44,s .
svw1945
You are not alone. Mike and I have discussed byf 44's in the past and we were in agreement that if we were to collect just one code/year combo it would be byf 44. That code has it all. Laminated, walnut, milled parts, stamped parts, transitional late features, Kriegs features, late n blocks assembled in the end...I love byf 44's. I'm sure some were present on Omaha Beach too. Nice rifle btw.

I love the byf44. Before going into bSw collecting I wanted one of every suffix and had quite a few. Even two "i" blocks. This was many moons ago.

On man. I want to find a rifle just like that. My high turret is a byf 44 I block and is serial number 53k. So close to yours. Always wanted a none sniper to match. Thanks for sharing

Attachments

• byf i block High Turret (6).JPG
    byf i block High Turret (6).JPG
    288.9 KB · Views: 20
On man. I want to find a rifle just like that. My high turret is a byf 44 I block and is serial number 53k. So close to yours. Always wanted a none sniper to match. Thanks for sharing
I have another I block that is even closer to yours in the serial range # 52XXX

Military Rifle Journal
Back