Third Party Press

Classic Firearms Refurbs

Gerst

Classic Firearms is offering a large number of “refurbished” 98k rifles. They are re-blued, the stocks “lightly cleaned.” Prices start at $1200. I guess these are all “shooters” along the lines of Mitchells, but they look nice. It looks like some might be capture rifles. I assume they are all mixmasters, so the prices are pretty high. Some are pre-war.

Any opinions?

“SWP maker code, Last Ditch Kriegsmodell rifle with Stamped Rear Sight, Very Rare but Unsafe to Shoot”

Hahaha!!!

$ 1199 for sheep dipped RC's then a list of additional up charges for specific makers/years etc. :barf:

Mitchell's Mausers 2.0! Con Mitchell would be proud that Sweaty Ben has taken up his mantle!

Forbidden perhaps, but his name keeps popping up. At least you (sort of) know what you (might be) getting.

That's true that you know what you're getting, but they're all overpriced hump jobs. I'd rather not pay $1200 for an incorrect K98 when for a few hundred more, I get get a proper matching example. It baffles me why people pay matching prices (and often times way more) for K98s that are not matching or have other issues. The $2,000 Mitchell's Mauser from Gunbroker always comes to mind. WHY?? To answer my own question, its lack of knowledge and research....

Well there are buyers for these things and it is, after all, their money to waste as they see fit......

Crap like this is prime fodder for the point-and-click Instant Gratification Credit Card "collector." No research, hunting or waiting required.

Well there are buyers for these things and it is, after all, their money to waste as they see fit......

What sells these over-priced rifles is the pictures. They look good. Non-collectors aren’t concerned about matching numbers and un-touched old-looking rifles. They want them to look brand new! Many of them probbably still have Trump’s “stimulus” card in their wallet. I used mine to buy two rifles from a member! It’s “free money!”

What sells these over-priced rifles is the pictures. They look good. Non-collectors aren’t concerned about matching numbers and un-touched old-looking rifles. They want them to look brand new! Many of them probbably still have Trump’s “stimulus” card in their wallet. I used mine to buy two rifles from a member! It’s “free money!”

That is exactly why un informed people would buy these $1200 & up hump jobs is they see real honest collectable examples going for 3-6k and think that anything that looks almost as good good must be a worth that kind of money and more someday. My guess is they will sell everyone that have.

Mitchell's Mausers 2.0! Con Mitchell would be proud that Sweaty Ben has taken up his mantle!

mymilkshake.gif

I saw this one on reddit a while back and spit pepsi all over my laptop. Too good not to post.

“Confirmation, you must have confirmation”

If I had to choose between the “all matching” rifles on GB and “refurbished” rifles on Classic, my selection wouldn’t take long. Even if you find a rifle which passes the eagle eyes of our experienced forum members, unless there is documentation, you can never know if you’ve been screwed.

Who is going to buy these for the base price of $1200 and add on price for certain codes. That is insane. I watched the video on the webpage and those guys are huffing glue. These things are worse than Mitchells. All I saw were a box of shooter grade rifles worth about $500 each.

Sure they are fools, but they are entitled to burn themselves, if the want to.

No money out of our pockets....

Plus, it removes them from the off chance that they might get into a bidding war, with a member, over a good gun.

Let them buy up all the dicked up guns they wish to, or can afford....

It's a win/ win situation if you ask me.....

Military Rifle Journal
Back