Third Party Press

Finally bought my rifle and have a quick question

Kylelv8

I ended up going with a Yugo capture for various reasons; mainly the price, condition, and I wanted a rifle that at least was tied to the war but also wanted to shoot it and not be concerned with keeping it in "museum condition". There is waffenampts present on some parts like the sights, the ejector spring retaining ring, and a very faint 43 on the receiver when looking at certain angles. The commies did a good job of scrubbing the gun of markings otherwise. I was curious of these markings in particular on the sight ramp, they look like handcuffs or something and didn't know if they were added post-capture. It has the early sights with the distance scale on both sides but it's possible that it's unrelated to the sight base since the distance selector and base is WaA77 while the scale is WaA214. I posted links to the pictures of the stamps and the rifle since "the file size is too large".

Last edited:
These are internal markings from Radom.
Thanks, that explains why I couldn't find an example of it anywhere! Radom is Polish, correct? Isn't it out of place on a Yugo rifle?

Edit: I'm an idiot. I forgot Poland was literally the first occupied country in the war.

Last edited:
Thanks, that explains why I couldn't find an example of it anywhere! Radom is Polish, correct? Isn't it out of place on a Yugo rifle?

Edit: I'm an idiot. I forgot Poland was literally the first occupied country in the war.
Cool gun i like yugos thst aren't completely scrubbed. Can you make out manufacturer code 43 is year you can see original seril number on left side .

Looks like a nice example to use as a shooter. Enjoy it.
Thanks, It was re-barreled so I hope it does make a good shooter.
Cool gun i like yugos thst aren't completely scrubbed. Can you make out manufacturer code 43 is year you can see original seril number on left side .
No, it almost looks like the manufacturer code was intentionally scrubbed, unfortunately. I pulled it out of the stock and didn't take any pictures for whatever reason. Couldn't find anything definitive.

Just about any make or year of German K98k parts can be found on a refurbished Yugoslav rifle, but does seem to be a heavy Steyr/Radom parts mix on these from what I've seen. These often got new made Yugoslav barrels when refurbished, so are usually good shooters. Enjoy!

Nice rifle, love those white glue stocks, if it's anything like mine, it'll be a shooter. I turned mine into a ssr sniper clone and it's a tack driver, congrats.

Military Rifle Journal
Back