Third Party Press

Flag Collectors

The Dutch and French made KM banners in 80x135 are the most common.. I have sold a few. 350-450 seems to be range they have sold for. Quite common.

Small party flags are usually 100-150 and sell quite easily as the size is manageable..

State service looks interesting and I think its for naval use but, I see no markings.

I picked a killer Km marked one up @ Allentown for 325.00 I know they are generally priced in the 400-500 range so I was thrilled to get it on the cheap. It's the smallest size they made.

All three seem nice. :thumbsup:

Thanks Wayne. Not sure about the use of the State Service flags. I like it because it still has zinc/metal clip attachment (those are not usually still attached). The party flag is mult piece and has has a few moth nips. The other 2 are of teh printed type and are near mint.

Ron

The state service flag was to be flown at embassy and anywhere a diplomat or Reich personal was present.
If they were aboard said ship that ship would fly the flag. That's why there are KM marked examples.
That's how it was explained to me. There are also KM marked Party flags. I don't know what purpose they held though..

I just bought a stone mint 80x135 RKF for $425 shipped off auction. Seller had listed it for three auction cycles with a reserve of $450 and got no interest. He was happy to get $425 from me. The market is down right now; it's a buyer's market big time IMHO, particularly with the EUD being down. I've been buying great stuff at exceptional prices over the last couple years. Just hold onto the RKF, things will likely pick back up in the next several years if we don't slide back into a world recession. But if that happens, it will be better for buying ;)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/725016378

Congrats. I somewhat regret paying $425 shipped for my mint one as they turn up if you're patient. Two bids, sold at $350, with a BIN of $450. Party flags are slow movers and the bigger they get the slower they move. Seems like the Nazis flew 10 of those from every lamp post, tree, building, etc. We used the large ones for table covers occasionally as they wouldn't sell, except to other guys who wanted to use them as show table covers. They got beer, sammich, coffee, show hot dog chili, and donut stains on them which combat aged them and seem to have made them more sellable. The only real flags that move I've seen are vehicle ID flags. Those are pretty cool and invariably of a manageable size, but also relatively cheap.

Military Rifle Journal
Back