Third Party Press

G41 duv 43 3811 a block

Warrior1354

ax - hole
Guys I have waited well over five years too own one of these very interesting rifles. I remember back in 2011 when I just turned 21. I asked a dealer about one and he told me I had champagne taste on a beer budget. And told me I wasn't worth his time. Well my patience paid off and I have too say I looked at many examples and many had problems. Most were mismatched, stocks were sanded, badly cut stocks, bubba altered, and why too high on my budget. I just wanted one G41 too own for my collection that was still in its factory condition and was untouched.

Well I finally found a really nice 1943 duv made rifle that falls in the a block. Rifle is all matching with very little wear on the parts. The former owner who had it took really good care of it and made sure every part was lightly oiled for storage. Bore is mint, some wear on the magazine housing but not too much, the stock is nice with that red glue laminated wood. Only bad thing about the stock is someone carved their name on it. But not a big deal too me tells a story. What I really like about this rifle is it has that carried look too it nothing has been altered. Plus I guarantee that sling thats on it was the same one it came home with it. It has been there along time.

Have too say its a keeper. I have alot of people here I would like too thank, but its far too many too list. You guys know who you are. And you all have a special thanks from me. You all have made me into a great collector of these fine firearms. Enjoy the pictures guys there will be alot of them.

Oh and I'll say this I keep thinking I have too set this rifle back on the gun show table. Its still hard too believe I own this rifle! :laugh:

001.JPG 002.jpg 003.jpg
004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg
007.JPG 008.jpg 009.jpg
010.JPG 011.jpg 012.JPG
013.jpg 014.jpg 015.JPG

Congrats. It's always nice to get that one item you have been wanting. Your patience was rewarded.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Looks great man, congratulations. Your patience paid off, do a search, you may be able to track down the second owner. N.A.Forster. I love the carried look, after all it's a war implement, not a '72 Chevelle.

Thanks Matt! I also really appreciated your thoughts on this rifle before I won this piece on auction. And what do you mean my first are you saying I may get another one some day! :thumbsup:

Oh and sturmgrenadier I did message the seller if he could shed some more light on the background for this rifle. Haven't heard back from him yet. Be neat if he comes up with something.

Looks awesome! Glad you scored one in such nice condition. I know they don't come cheap but a super addition to a collection. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice! And super hard to find like that. While you had it appart were you able to get photos of the internals (bolt components)?

I know how you feel.... Owning something you never thought obtainable is special. Its a great rifle and be proud to own it. I remember buying my 1st then a second followed. Funny how that happens... LOL Now both are gone but, I can always say I remember when.

Thanks for all the nice remarks guys. I hope you have enjoyed seeing this rifle as much as I enjoy owning it. I did get some info from the owner on it who sold it too me on gunbroker. He traded on this rifle out of his store over forty years ago. No paperwork with it and he kept in storage in a controlled environment for many years. Maybe one day some info will come forward.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back