Third Party Press

Geco dsm

jsz

Maybe acquiring a early GECO DSM, would anybody care to expand ont the variations and serial ranges.
Thanks, jeff

The earliest ones were made for Geco by the Suhl consortium with assembly at Haenel, and bear a numerical serial number only. As Genschow got their production line running for DSMs in Berlin, the serial numbers had an "a" prefix added. Not many of those were made before the design modifications known as the DSM 36 were incorporated, and those were marked with a "b" prefix to the serial number. More details and number ranges available in Training Rifles of Third Reich Germany. You can order the book online at www.luftmacher.com if you wish.

Steve

Geco's have several variations like Luftmaker was saying. Just make sure the bolt matches the rifle. I have two of the varients and I am still looking for the others. If you purchase the rifle please post some pictures.

I did acquire the Geco DSM. After seeing it it does have numerous issues. It appears to be a
'b" prefix, though poorly struck. The rifle has been sporterized including new stock, site removal and front site replacement and the addition of scope mounting plate added to the left side. The bolt does match, however missing the safety.
Not sure at this point what I will do with it, may sell intact or part it out, last thing I need is another restoration in my life.
A couple of pics.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_6033.jpg
    IMG_6033.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6032.jpg
    IMG_6032.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6035.jpg
    IMG_6035.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 27