Third Party Press

German machine guns for sale

heavy_mech

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual
Thought this might be of interest to some here. Midwest Tactical has some very interesting and rare guns up. Original MP44, original and matching MP40 and an original MP18. Several tube guns too including an MP41. No affiliation here just thought it might be of interest.

I got the email too. I wonder if they're consignment or something. They usually show price and these were all listed as contact us. Would love to grab that Mp18 or Mp38 but I have too many expensive hobbies and my piggy bank needs replenishment.

I don't see a list on their website. As previously stated it would be nice to see the asking price on them.

It was in their periodic email. It’s no secret I’m a sucker for the Mp44 pattern - that ones a little rough for me though. I did not ask the pricing, but that Mp41 looked tempting.

Must've been a feedin freenzy on the lot after listed. I inquired on the MP44 and Mp40's and only the Erb Tube gun was left and price was $19k. I kick myself for not buying one 20 years ago when they were at a lowere price range.

Must've been a feedin freenzy on the lot after listed. I inquired on the MP44 and Mp40's and only the Erb Tube gun was left and price was $19k. I kick myself for not buying one 20 years ago when they were at a lowere price range.
Yeah. My Erb tube was $600 when I bought it, that was after the price had doubled.

I purchased my MP43 for $2700 and $4000 for an uncut Grossfuss MG42 . Those were the days. My friend in New Zealand pays 1500 for MG42’s. Supply and demand and laws.
Funny thing though is .. ask those who already have Class III in the US if they would be happy if the '68 laws were lifted and new FA could be brought in. Most wouldn't be very happy to know their currently valuable items loose so much of their value.

Funny thing though is .. ask those who already have Class III in the US if they would be happy if the '68 laws were lifted and new FA could be brought in. Most wouldn't be very happy to know their currently valuable items loose so much of their value.

Maybe I am the outlier then. I would be elated if FA became authorized for mfg or import again! I didn’t get the chance to choose when I was born, but it infuriates me that older generations lived more free than we currently do. I think that’s all about to change though.

But I only invest in original antiques anyways - they will hold at least some value - and that’s just fine with me.

It’s a double edged sword. While it is comforting to know that some investments have made a very handsome return, as a collector I would give that up just because there are so many more examples I wished I owned and they are out of reach.
Much of it is relative, when I was young, you could buy Mauser’s for $50 out of a cardboard drum at Sears. That was a lot of money then also.

I thought I'd share this since there may be interest. Just got an email that they have a MP43 that's C&R. No price listed.

Military Rifle Journal
Back