Third Party Press

gunbroker comment /question

BANCHEE

im learning alot on this site i love it. i been reading alot of post on how bad gun broker is and the rip off sellers there and many have said its a mind field to be avoided .i go there alot to look at the mauseres there for sale am doing it now with my eyes wide open. that's my comment my question is this why goes the owners of gunbroker keep allowing this type of thing happening .im sure it goes beyond mausers to include many types of weapons. seems if a seller is dishonest they would be banned from the site after all its gunbrokers reputation at stake too

GunBroker is making money with every sale. There is not much reason for them to want to hinder sales. Kar.98k's are a somewhat complicated rifle collecting niche. If someone has the knowledge of the rifles and knows a little about the sellers then GunBroker is less of a minefield. For the most part I would not recommend it as a great site for the beginning collector.

It comes down to money. I've contacted gun broker several times with suggestions on easy fixes to stop some of the scamming. Things they could implement in their code and algorithm regarding new accounts and listings. Zero response and the scams continue. You would think they would realize allowing scams is going to hurt their business in the long run. I think rather than fix the problem their solution is to jack up the fees so they can pay out "Buyers Protection Claims." Everyone needs to do their DD and most these scams stick out like a sore thumb but may leave a bad taste in the mouth of a beginning collector.

Military Rifle Journal
Back