Third Party Press

K98 Kriegsmodell Oberndorff 1944 L block...How many made

In regards to the Rec. Serial # if You look in Kriegsmodell Pg.112 there is an SVW45 HT with Bases removed and the Serial Number on this Rec. was hand applied the 5 and 3 digits are same font as rifle in question IMHO . Best Regards.

In regards to the Rec. Serial #.... the 5 and 3 digits are same font as rifle in question IMHO . Best Regards.

So you also think this may be or IS a legit factory recycle? Obviously I'm trying to learn about some of the more obscure variations WRT these rifles. As I said earlier, generally grind and renumber screams fake. I really appreciate the collective knowledge. Thanks

Hallo,

the primary "Problem" I have with the gun is not the hand applicated number, it is the region behind this number. There are some signs of manipulation, and they are not in the matter of a factory work.

Just my opinion.

Viele Grüße, best regards,

Georg

Hallo,

the primary "Problem" I have with the gun is not the hand applicated number, it is the region behind this number. There are some signs of manipulation, and they are not in the matter of a factory work.

Just my opinion.

Viele Grüße, best regards,

Georg

I understand where you're coming from. I initially dismissed it as a fake until I closely examined the font. It is a perfect match for MO font. The fact the serial was ground and restamped doesn't exclude it from being a factory error. Grinding and restamping has been observed on late MO rifles before. Not sure about receivers but at least one bolt is known. This has also been observed on multiple rifles from other makers so it did happen.

Military Rifle Journal
Back