Third Party Press

K98k High-Turret Bases & Checkered Buttplate

pwcosol

Gents:

Good friend sent me this photo. He has had this lot for many years and I think he wants to let it go. Everything is square. Not for me, but since he is way behind the times, would like to get an idea of where it stands as to approximate worth. Thanks! (the one photo is all he sent).

Last edited:
The buttplate looks promising, but would need to see inside to verify. Re the bases, good closeups are necessary.

If everything you show is original , then You would have decent chunk of change in those Parts .
You really need to post some good detailed pics of all parts . Best Regards

Yes please post more detailed pictures. And I would wait for values from a several members before accepting a low ball offer via PM.

Thanks guys. Hope to receive more photos today or tomorrow, so will post them here soon as they arrive. I think the owner said all the parts came off one rifle (verified this is the case).

More pics posted 3/4/1450

Last edited:
I think I saw that set at SOS Pre Chinese Virus last year. If so, they are good. They were Scott B. at Historical Investments.

Last edited:
Yes. The back side of butt plate is required to verify. It was a real one when I saw it. $1000 for butt plate and $800 for bases. That’s top dollar I think. Your missing the spring steal plate with screw for rear base. Also, need mounting screws. To me personally if you put this on a gun it’s not worth much in the sense it’s just a parts gun. In other words the parts are worth more than the gun to me.

The HT Bases $1000 to $1200 . The Checkered Butt Plate $800 , if it was in pristine condition $1000 to $1200 .

Everyone's input appreciated. I will let the owner know and whatever he decides to do is his call...

Military Rifle Journal
Back