Third Party Press

MP.40 L-41 Suppressor Question

Mosin2-5

Hi, everyone.

I'm working with a contact who is a machinist to help make a barrel extension and fake suppressor for a DK productions repro MP.38 rifle build since it would have to be a rifle in my state for me to be able to have it, and we were hoping to make the fake suppressor look like a WWII L-41 suppressor like I saw on a Youtube video, but the problem is that I haven't seen any pictures whatsoever of what the front of the original would look like at the muzzle end. Does anybody happen to have any pictures for reference?

This series? Looks like the Germans never got it to work. Apparently the threaded end of the MP40 barrel was not robust enough for stable suppressor mounting.

Yes, this one, but this is the video I'm referencing, supposedly is an L-41 as well and this is what I'd like to base the fake suppressor on. I sent the OP of that video an email, but was curious if anyone else had one.

The one shown in the video IMHO is a fake. It would never carry a serial number on it.
Interesting. Good to know..
On the bright side. I reached out to Ian McCollum and he said he has a video on the L-41 that he's working on and said he should be able to help with some pictures/info.

Ian took a video of my silencer when he was with me. It is the one shown in the link I posted above. I don‘t know if he possibly also filmed another silencer somewhere else, but for sure he has one on mine.

Ian took a video of my silencer when he was with me. It is the one shown in the link I posted above. I don‘t know if he possibly also filmed another silencer somewhere else, but for sure he has one on mine.
Any chance I could PM you for a few pictures of it for reference, if you don't mind?

Sure, I will not mind pictures. Send me that PM.

PS: you might be interested to learn that Steyr Arms (former Steyr Mannlicher, even further former Steyr Daimler Puch AG) in their factory reference collection has a WWII silencer for the MP40; it is a system with metal baffles.

Sure, I will not mind pictures. Send me that PM.

PS: you might be interested to learn that Steyr Arms (former Steyr Mannlicher, even further former Steyr Daimler Puch AG) in their factory reference collection has a WWII silencer for the MP40; it is a system with metal baffles.
Thank you! PM sent your way. I appreciate your help!

Military Rifle Journal
Back