Third Party Press

Need help with rating condition and identifying this gun.

If you are interested in completing the bolt, I have quite a few Imperial parts. I know I have safeties, and probably a cocking piece, but not sure.
If interested, shoot me a pm.
Dose pm=start a conversation. I don't see anything about a private message.

If you are interested in completing the bolt, I have quite a few Imperial parts. I know I have safeties, and probably a cocking piece, but not sure.
If interested, shoot me a pm.

Are these numbered with two digits? Probably wouldn’t be hard to find a matching set with enough digging.

Numbers are half the battle, the acceptance is the key though. I’d rather have matching acceptance than number.
Don't know what you mean by "acceptance" Can you please educate me? Here is the picture of the stock wrist you asked about.

Attachments

• 20230525_170325.jpg
    20230525_170325.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 20
Don't know what you mean by "acceptance" Can you please educate me? Here is the picture of the stock wrist you asked about.
Thanks for the photo! Acceptance is the stamp on each part, a crown over a letter in fraktur font. Each inspected part with have a stamp indicating that the inspector accepted it. Typically the same inspector accepted all bolt components on a rifle so they will all have the same crowned letter.

This rifle is now complete. Received the safety and cocking piece from runner. He has been very helpful. Thanks again! I think I am going to try and sell the gun and would be interested in any additional information and any opinions as to the value.

This rifle is now complete. Received the safety and cocking piece from runner. He has been very helpful. Thanks again! I think I am going to try and sell the gun and would be interested in any additional information and any opinions as to the value.
It looks like a nice example. Probably approx $16-1800 would be a fair price given the condition. The two replaced bolt parts would be of little consequence to most.

i would have said approximately $1500. But Chris is both more knowledgeable on Imperial pieces and much more current on values. I would go with his estimate.

Military Rifle Journal
Back