Third Party Press

New member Advice Please between a russian capture or a vet bring back. i want to make an informed buy not a impulse.

Blackch0w

Hello, i wanted some opinions between these two rifles that caught my eye based on there looks: one is a the bottom one of the two rifles in the pictures is a vet bring back with matching parts for 1800. the top one is a Russian capture for 1200. I truly don't know enough about these rifles but I would love to learn more. if anyone can tell me anything cool or interesting about these two that would be awesome thanks again.

Attachments

• k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 64
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 58
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 53
  • k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 55
  • k5.jpg
    k5.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 57
  • k6.jpg
    k6.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 57
  • k7.jpg
    k7.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 57
  • k8.jpg
    k8.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 57
  • k9.jpg
    k9.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 65
you need more pictures, but the RC is not worth more than $800 at the most. The bottom rifle is not a vet bring back.
the additional stock bolt in front of the trigger guard is a post war addition, and it appears to have been reblued.

you need more pictures, but the RC is not worth more than $800 at the most. The bottom rifle is not a vet bring back.
the additional stock bolt in front of the trigger guard is a post war addition, and it appears to have been reblued.
That and the fact that it's a G date rifle in laminate... should be walnut.

Military Rifle Journal
Back