Third Party Press

Photos from the same group?

kentomon

I happened to get these photos from a different place and at a different time. Photo2 is dated September 1942, and Photo1 seems to be a few years earlier assuming from the K98k configuration. I am wondering if these men, A, B, C and D, are same person. Please let me know what you think.
Photo1
pic01.jpg
Photo 2
pic02.jpg
A
picA1.jpgpicA2.jpg
B
picB1.jpgpicB2.jpg
C
picC1.jpgpicC2.jpg
D
picD1.jpgpicD2.jpg

I don't see why not. The short guy certainly looks similar. You need to get one of those guys that does T-zones and puts lines all over the face to make a facial 'map'. Is that a zf41 can on B?

I don't see why not. The short guy certainly looks similar. You need to get one of those guys that does T-zones and puts lines all over the face to make a facial 'map'. Is that a zf41 can on B?
Yes, B of photo2 certainly has the ZF41 can, and I have been wondering the one on B of photo1 is also so or not.
Photo 1
picture30-5.jpg
Photo 2
picture50-4.jpg
The can on Photo2 is a very early type with the hinges inside.

I'd guess the first pic is not a scope can but a mg gunners box. The two bright dots on the box are the rivets that secure the mg34 spare bolt clip.

I am curious about the cloth with snap thing next to the scope can. What is that? I think the button is too big for a FJ bandoleer. Maybe button of his jacket pocket?

I'd guess the first pic is not a scope can but a mg gunners box. The two bright dots on the box are the rivets that secure the mg34 spare bolt clip.
Yes, you must be right. The one on photo1 is likely to be a MG gunners pouch. Thanks for letting me know.

I’m no expert, but most insignia appear to be luftwaffe, some of the troops in the 1st pic are fallschirmjager. In the ‘after’ photos, the short guy, D, seems to have another insignia on his collar tabs, looks to me like a panzer skull? (looks the same on both sides)

Military Rifle Journal
Back